SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think someone mentioned that the Audi digital car does not seem as fast as the boxsters. I noticed that the Audi seems sluggish compared to the boxsters.

I had the Audi as car 1 and then I had two cars running themselves (control 2 and 3). The boxsters flew around the track but the audi never seemed to be able to accelerate as fast.

I guess I was wondering if anyone else noticed this and if they were able to do anything about it

brian

·
Registered
62 Posts
QUOTE (bmacminn @ 19 Jan 2005, 03:12)I think someone mentioned that the Audi digital car does not seem as fast as the boxsters.

brian
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes Dude I did.

It is a pile of crap. It is light and rolls as well. Currently trying to get better motor and 2nd mag to try to equal it. 2nd smaller mag in there and it is much slower however it does handle well now. Lap times a down by say 0.5sec at the best.

Would have been nice to have a blue or grey extra boxster, as know one wants the crapy car.

ISHY

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (bmacminn @ 18 Jan 2005, 20:12)I think someone mentioned that the Audi digital car does not seem as fast as the boxsters. I noticed that the Audi seems sluggish compared to the boxsters.

I had the Audi as car 1 and then I had two cars running themselves (control 2 and 3). The boxsters flew around the track but the audi never seemed to be able to accelerate as fast.

I guess I was wondering if anyone else noticed this and if they were able to do anything about it

brian
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I glued the magnet in and added indy grip tires. I have had no roll over issues. The power issue is there. I have to do more testing

·
Registered
62 Posts
QUOTE (bmacminn @ 19 Jan 2005, 20:43)I glued the magnet in and added indy grip tires. I have had no roll over issues. The power issue is there. I have to do more testing
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What brand are the tyres?
You know I think it is just as quick as the others when no covers are on.
Might try a Little Ripper motor. Maybe too much!

Going to buy a Corvette and convert it.

ISHY

·
Martin Kay
728 Posts
We have two Boxsters and two Audis on our track and there is little to choose between them. Even if you do have a car that's a *tiny* bit slower than the others though, on digital you can still win races with it if you drive tactically and force the others to find a way past (assuming you can get to the front in the first place...!)

·
Registered
62 Posts
QUOTE (martinkay @ 19 Jan 2005, 21:34)We have two Boxsters and two Audis on our track and there is little to choose between them. Even if you do have a car that's a *tiny* bit slower than the others though, on digital you can still win races with it if you drive tactically and force the others to find a way past (assuming you can get to the front in the first place...!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tell you man mine is not surefooted and rolls. Not one person wants it.

ISHY

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've a non-digital Boxster and a non-digital TT and the TT is slightly faster so I don't think it's a fundamental vehicle issue, any differences you are seeing may be down to the digital chip installation

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've got a blue TT, a red boxter and until recently a yellow then green boxter. (the respray went very badly, and it's chip has now been transplanted to a Fabia.)

I'd say if anything the TT was the fastest. I've found with each that the tyres have little grip straight out the box, but improve after 5-10 minutes of driving. so the TT seemed bad when i first tried it, as the other two had been heavily used. they evened up with time.
Given the choice I always picked the TT for myself (until I got the Fabia working.)

The TT and boxters have the same motor, the same tyres and same gearing. They have the same type of magnet, in the same position. The TT has a fractionally longer wheelbase and narrower track, but that won't affect straight line speed. or acceleration.

I tired adding an extra magnet to one of the boxters, but that slowed it down a lot - obviously the bearings can't cope with so much downforce.

If I open them up again, I'll move the magnet to the forward position. I find that both the boxter and TT have a habit of swinging wide suddenly on inside corners without de-slotting, and then the magnet sticks to the outside rail. the motor isn't strong enough to move it off the rail, and you have to move it by hand.

Iain

·
Registered
62 Posts
Iain & The rest

I went down to the local slot track and got the block there to drive the Audi TT on their non-dig track and it real sucked. He then opened a new analogue Audi TT and it was like a different machine, even with a 2nd mag it still was heaps faster. We swapped the motor in my digital one and it did not change.

I have a feeling that some of the digital boards are not letting the juice thru fully. I will by pass or swap the chips and see what happens.

On your last comment: Magnets in the front only will cause rear wheel spin and the Boxters run like crap.

ISHY

1 - 10 of 10 Posts