SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Hi,

As i'm huge F1 fan i have dreamed of digital grand prix
4 lane setup and 12 to 15 cars and it would be fun. If CPU's could calculate used "gas" it would be fun to choose your pit stop tactics. With proper sensors it would be possible to simulate damage after contacting other cars and offcourse that damage must be repaired in pit. In few years most of that will be possible...

Sure digital will be adding much realism into racing. I like also "traditional" analog racing. First digital generations may leave some hopes of smoother operation, but i think that 2nd and 3rd will release those digital possibilities for us:) It will be also interesting to get learning all those tactical matters what LC is going to bring.

Best Regards:

Sami

· Registered
65 Posts
I think that those whos hobby is to tune and race their cars in clubs are quite marginal group compared to whole slotcar market. I'm sure that it is nice hobby but it's only one way to have fun with these things. Since there is lots of families with kids i hope that digital consept will introduce slotcars for kids again. Nowadays slotcars are not so popular at least in finland
I believe that kids can change that only if they would be interested of this hobby again.

About LC:

I have noticed that even crossover racing curve is increasing realism in analog race becouse you have to take other car in account. I have placed four of those curves into my track and it is more interesting to race becouse i have to be careful in order to avoid collision. Just imagine what digital LC will be

Best Regards:

Sami

· Registered
65 Posts
There won't be a standard. You see it allready now. One likes Carrera the other likes Ninco and someone likes Scalex and list goes on... Manufacturers does differend tracks all the time and conserning their digital development they will not have any intresses to integrate their newest inventions to someone others protocol- There is no economical sense to offer "converter" for some others protocol.

If there will be standard it will be developed by opensource community and after short while manufacturers will be forced to join the standard. This has happened in many other area than slotcars many times.

Best regards:

Sami

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.