SlotForum banner

Digital car on analogue track

971 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  RikoRocket 
#1 ·
Hi all. Used to sell Scalextric in my dads shop 30 years ago but haven't used it in about 20. Probably used to be a bit of an expert but things move on!

Have just purchased a second hand caterham set, plus bought a couple of cars off ebay. My question is about the 2 cars.

I've got a Ferrari F430 & a Lamborghini Gallardo. Both have the small plate in the bottom of the car for the digital add-on, but I have an analogue setup.

The Ferrari has the digital add-on installed, the Lambo does not. On the Lambo the small white plug just goes into a 'dummy' socket on the blanking plate.

I have 2 questions:

1) On an analogue setup, am I OK to leave the digital add-on in the Ferrari, or will leaving it in create a discrepancy in the performance of the 2 cars?

2) The cars run in opposite directions. Is this because of the digital add-on? i.e. if I remove it will they both run in the same direction? And if I have to remove the digital add-on from the Ferrari, where can I get a replacement blanking plate which I assume I need to make the plug wires make the necessary connections?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

See less See more
#2 ·
Leaving a digital plug will stop the car from braking as well as the analogue (it will coast into corners).

Digital cars will run in either direction so just turn it round.

#4 ·
Yes you need the blanking plate, it shorts each of the two outer pins with its neighbour. No the blanking plates are not available. I did see one on ebay once. I'll bet jadlam have a bucket full of them as they sell a lot of cars with digital plugs fitted, try sending them an email.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.