SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've retro digital fitted quite a few cars (Fly, NSR, Scalextric, Ninco, Carrera, Slot.it, SCX...), but never a Le Mans Miniatures. I'm wondering whether these need the higher power slot.it sp15b chips, or whether the regular scalextric c7005 chip will do.

Thanks in advance.

t.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
It is the amount of current drawn though the chip that will kill it. I would look at using the new C8515 chips or you could use the C7005 and if it does fry then it isn't too expensive to get it fixed better than before ..... that is unless the chip suffers a lot of collateral damage ......
smile.png

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Greg - thanks for rapid reply. I have thought about the new C8515 chips, but like the earlier version, they look like a bit of a pain to retro fit: not so easy to fit into body cavities, and I'm not 100% sure what to connect to what. But as you are here - is it the case that these new C8515 chips are a bit more beefy (can handle more power/current) than the earlier ones? i.e. Is it more than just the (fiddly) outputs for the brake lights that is new?

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Yes they are more robust than a standard C7005 and the C8515 Rev-G versions, however, some people find that the extra power released by the Shottky diodes makes the cars too twitchy.

Now the good news ...... the C7005 chip that I have recently repaired for you has uprated components on it and should easily cope with an LM motor ......
thumbsup.gif

Reactions: Tim999

·
Prof I T
11,098 Posts
Hi

and of course it also helps if you remove the magnet from the chassis..
thumbsup.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts