SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It would be very easy to fit a front-end crash sensor to a slot car.

If your car rams another car from behind, this information could be communicated to the computer system as a "hit". Your car could then be diabled or penalized by being given only partial throttle for a lap.

Does anyone know if communication is one-way or two-way?

People need to think outside the box and then realize what is possible with digital.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Would this really add to the fun?
The guy in front doesn't have to actually drive faster to stay ahead, just suddenly brake in order to get the following car a penalty and thus ensure that it will not be able to catch him.

Honestly, I feel that almost all the similar 'realism enhancements' that are possible will actually detract from the the very thing that makes slot racing fun for most people and that is its basic simplicity. Take away that basic simplicity and we remove the absolute essence of what has kept the hobby going for 40 odd years - for most people.

Of course, there IS a place for all of this, for those that that really want it, but I feel that it is a very small niche market. So, not a 'knock', just the other side of the coin.

·
Registered
446 Posts
That is just too technical, lets just kep it as it was and always has been: racing round a track and only coming off because you're going too quick-therefore, I am against this Digital system, too complicated and expensive. I do however like the Scalextric Challenger system, awesome idea, you can have a car racing against you without having 2 people-superb.

·
Registered
899 Posts
How 'bout one of these Trop!

Seriously, we just had a big GP race here in OZ.

NO WAY could you get a car to go through a lane changer section of track at that speed. It wouldn't go through a normal crossover, so I cant see how it would go through a digital section, unless its alot longer, which seems to be what some have done.
You'd be better off to stay in your lane and just flog around at full noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts