SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Here are some photos of DigitalSpa. I tore up the old 4 lane AFX and I thought I would try my hand at 1/32s. And with no previous investment in 1/32s, why not jump right in to Digital. After many F1 track layouts using Slotman Track Editor, I decided on Spa. I was lucky enough to go to the 1999 Belgian Grand Prix while working in Germany. I stood at Eau Rouge and was blown away at how cool the track was. Best circuit in F1.

I have just started with the track. I hope I can be half as successful as my hero Gunther and his fabulous Petit Spa. (a true inspiration).

I am a newbie to posting. Bare with me if things go wrong.

Out with old....

Up with new....

A preview of Fisi climbing the Digital Eau Rouge to yet another victory this year !!

The Bus Stop

More pics as I progress.

-steve

·
Registered
715 Posts
Welcome sswiseman1,

Jumping in with both feet, eh? It's great to have you aboard. Nice layout too. I was wondering how you would get SPA into that area, but you have it laid out quite nicely.

I hope you get a kick out of your new found addiction

Keep us posted on your progress. For inspiration, you have probably already seen "Petit Lemans" by Yves Lambert and Luf's "Targa Florio". This is FUN stuff, man!

-Maltese

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Hey!!!

Nice to see another Spa! It's a great track to reproduce and to race!!! It's nice to know people from far away love this track too!!!

I see you have a lot more room than me, to recreate the original track much better than me!! What size is that table? Your layout looks sooo good!

I'll follow this thread carefully!!!

Cheers from Belgium!

Gunther

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
That looks like a lot of fun - congrats for making such a pleasant circuit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The DigitalSpa is (lane 1) - 11.5m / 37.7 ft. and (lane 2) - 11.0m / 36 ft on 1 - 4ft x 8ft sheet and 1 - 4ft x 6 ft sheet of plywood in a L-shape. I had to add a small triangle section to accommodate the Bus Stop.

There are 3 LCs.
Lane change 1 - Right out to in - at Eau Rouge
Lane change 2 - Left out to in - at Pouhon
Lane change 3 - Right out to in - at Stavelot

I am running 6.5 sec with 2 lane changes at Eau Rouge & Pouhon
Note this time is with a stock, out of the box, Digital Porsche with mags and no other modifications. If Scaley would ship the conversion chips I could convert my faster cars. But that's the same sad story everyone has. Right?

So far... 'zero' overloads! I have to say that Digital is a blast!

-steve

·
Registered
571 Posts
Very impressive!

I love seeing slot versions of real tracks, adds to the realism of the whole thing. Just like Gunthers track you can really picture the real circuit when you see the photos. Excellent work.

One thing - can I just point out that it looks to me like it is Alonso climbing Eau Rouge to victory not Fisi!

Can't wait to see more pics

JS

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just been looking at this Digital Spa circuit (8th March). I noticed that all of your lane changes go from the outside lane to the inside lane. This means you'll end up with all of your cars on the same inside lane and no way of moving back to the outside!!

Have you changed this or was this the desired effect?

Richard

·
Fast Co.
1,240 Posts
Very nice layout. I'll be interested to know how it is to race on. I haven't gone digital yet, but...
Keep us posted. It's interesting to see what others are doing with their layouts and scratchbuilds.
Steve

·
Registered
325 Posts
Wow, what a S U P E R D E S I G N !!! (especially the elevated part, starting at Eau Rouge, and on)
It looks superb, even without the landscaping...!!!

Kind regards,
Martin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.