SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two digital 132 transformers that have gone bad. Is there any way to repair them? I have not taken one apart yet. One thing they are put together with tamper resistant screws. Didn't know if anyone has had problems with theirs.

Glenn

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi Glenn
Welcome to the forum.

Touch wood, I haven't had any go on me and hope they don't.
I have the standard 1:32 14.8V which I have had running for around 3 years now and also an 18V for my 1:24 cars that is only a few month old.

Sorry no help hear.

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's really difficult to open the transformer. Moreover, it's more difficult to close it again.

Also if you manage to do this, it's not easy to find the mistake then...

Maybe the reason for the problem is not the transformer. Instead of the transformer the Black Box or Control Unit could not work right.

Did the transformers work some time or have they gone bad immediately after you had switched the BB/CU on?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the slow reply.

I have had two transformers quit working. But this is out of the six tracks that I have purchased so far. It seems to be just the transformers. Now these tracks for the most part are not new when purchased but also not used very much. i also have a transformer for the 124 scale. My wife seems to think I have become a little obsessive with this relative new hobby of mine. I have waaaaaaay more track that will fit in any room of our house now. The good news is we are looking to buy a new house and a basement is first on my checklist of must have items.

My question now is how good are those digital power stations? You can pick one up on Ebay that has the varible voltage and amperage. Those would work whether I was running 132 or 124 cars. Some of the cheaper ones are around $55. Anybody using these?

Glenn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts