SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm contemplating a 150-170 foot digital wood track for at least 6 and possibly 7 or 8 cars. I would prefer to keep it to two lanes for scenic purposes but am open to expanding it to a 3rd lane, at least in some sections.

It is kind of tough to make this call and get the track design figured out without having raced on a big digital track. So I was wondering if I could get some input from the forum.

Are there any generally accepted rules or thumb or strong opinions out there concerning number or drivers/track size/number of lanes that might be helpful?

Thanks,

Pete

· Registered
302 Posts
Thanks a lot all. I am really glad I posted here as that was good feedback that I needed to hear.

I am more than happy to keep the track to two lanes so I was happy to read that. I also liked the idea of the re-entry areas. I think I will follow the suggestions to shorten the track as much as i can. My challengte there is that I have a large space to fill and a lot of scenic features that I want to include. So, I may not be able to get a lot shorter but we'll see.

BTW, I will be going with Oxigen. At least I am assuming I will. I have a "starter kit" in hand. I just need to hook it all up to give it a try.

One other question - do any of you have any opinions on lane spacing? Do you prefer a tighter fit like Scalextric or something wider like Carrera?

If you have any other digital specific track design thoughts you'd care to chime in with - please do. I am all ears!

Thanks,

Pete

· Registered
302 Posts
Interesting. Maybe some of those "side roads" could help me to fill out the layout without lengthening laps.

In terms of the existing track Ember, yes, it is the same layout yes but I am not positive on how much will stay or go yet. There are a couple of areas (probably a 3rd of the layout) where I have spent a lot of time on scenery (and am generally happy with it) that will definitely stay. Past that, I have to figure it out. I am busy drawing pictures!

Pete

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.