SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Bruce Yingling
1,659 Posts
My current (plastic) digital track is about that length, and if anything, two lanes are too many. As pointed out above, the cars get really spread out, and it often takes a looong time to come up on traffic. My next (two lane) track is going to be considerably shorter.

There's nothing wrong with a track that size, and I really enjoy it for just running laps or chasing down ghost cars. But if you want exciting digital racing with multiple human driven cars- it's a little too long.

If you really want a third lane, I'd recommend you make it for only a section of track. I'd also have lane 3 split from lane 2, and then have lane 1 merge with lane 2 at the end- if that makes any sense. On the right section of track, it could make all 3 lanes a viable option...

· Bruce Yingling
1,659 Posts
QUOTE (Michael363672 @ 16 Aug 2012, 12:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Our track is 2/3 wide and after 6 x 8 min heats three drivers were less than a third of a lap apart on 307 laps

Most of us aren't that good at being that equal.

In my analog club, there are often a pair of cars/drivers in each heat (most of our tracks are 4-lane wood) that run fairly close together. Rarely are all four evenly matched.

When we race digital, it is often with a set of similar cars prepped by the same guy- so the racing has the chance to be closer. But that also means one off and your a loooong time catching back up to the pack.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.