SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,742 Posts
Fair enough
Inevitably close racing depends on how closely matched the cars and drivers are.
Yes a lot of the guys I race with are quite evenly matched, that's fairly normal in all the years I've been racing. I hadn't realised that cars and drivers were less well matched elsewhere. Maybe I've just been lucky!

So back to the original question, with drivers not that evenly matched, 2 lanes sounds enough.

P.S. Holding back to stay in a pack?? Don't know any racers who'd even think about that. Of course its normal race craft to stay behind a car till reaching a good passing place, so you don't risk getting nerfed out.

· Registered
3,742 Posts
QUOTE (MrFlippant @ 16 Aug 2012, 19:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Close is when someone is having to drive clean to avoid nerfing the guys next door, or hang back to avoid being nerfed,.
There's plenty of that in most club races and main events at bigger meetings.

Close racing needs two or more closely matched competitors.
In meetings with larger entries its normal to have shorter qualifying races to seed the drivers for the main event.
This leads to closely matched main events even when there is quite a spread of speed among the entrants.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.