SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I've broken some a slot car, I can buy replacement parts for £14.00 including postage, or I can buy a brand new one in a nicer colour scheme for £31.00 including postage, ones the same colour as mine cost a little more.

BTW I've repaired mine so that it runs fine, but I just know it isn't "right".

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
That's a "no brainer"... do both.

Greenman62

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
I know what you mean. I have a Fly Williams that suffered damage to the front wing. Few people would notice it now it is repaired, but I know it is repaired.

I have put on my wish list to one day replace the car or at least buy a new body for it.

No real logic and it does not make financial sense. But I will be happier. If you have the budget, spend the money as it will make you happier...I think.

Cheers,
Philip

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm tending towards buying the car, because I will then have a complete set of spares for it, I can use one body for racing and one for looking nice, and I'll have one car to keep standard and another one to fiddle with.

But I'd still like to see people's thoughts on this.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I had this happen to me and I eventually bought another of the same car (when it was on sale). I gutted the first car for parts and turned it into a static model that I could place permanently on my track.

·
Registered
22 Posts
In the past I've been a bit like Greenman62 & done both, bought a new car & just repaired the crashed one for racing only. However like the idea of Gokart to gutt the the wreck & use it as a static display on his track, & hang out for the sales to replace it.

The only problem could be if it's a rare car, may become hard to get/never be on sale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts