SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Circuit Owner
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anybody have an AutoArt Xsara WRC that they could measure for me please? I have trawled the web but can't find specs anywhere.

I need to know the diameter of the tyres (the whole wheel/tyre combo) - I am hoping it's around 22mm

I also need to confirm the wheelbase (which I think is around 106mm) and the overall width (which I think should be about 71mm).

The reason I ask is that I can pick one up cheap and I think it might make a suitable donor for a conversion project I have in mind.

Many thanks if you can help

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Hi mate.

The tyres are 28mm x 10mm.

The wheel base is 106mm.

The width, wing mirror to wing mirror is 80mm. Or 73mm tyre to tyre.

If you need any more sizes give me a shout as I have the car & my verniers next to the computer.

Cheers

Paul.

·
Circuit Owner
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much Paul, exactly what I wanted to know.

I am assuming this is a 4wd car - I also assume it's like the 1:32 cars - an in-line motor driving a contrate gear on each axle. Is this correct?

The project by the way - is a 1:32 Transit - I know these have been done before (and lots of them - including DPR versions - by me!!!) but this will be a bit different with oversized wheels and (hopefully) 4wd.

My thinking is that it is easier to cut down drive shafts and axles than to make them longer and as the Transit has a wheelbase of 89mm and track of 61mm it is longer and wider than all 1:32 cars that I have come across.

Richard

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Hi Richard.

I was easier to show you a picture mate:

As you can see 4x4 with in line motor, its a much bigger motor than you will find in 1/32.

Cheers

Paul.

·
Circuit Owner
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Paul,

No problem with motor size - the back of a transit is a big place!

Looks as if the project will fly. I will build a custom chassis and cut down the axles and shorten the front prop shaft.

This could be the world's first 4wd slot transit.

Thanks very much for the photo - I really appreciate your help

Richard

·
Tom Brown (Scorpus Flex)
1,214 Posts
Just got one of these off ebay last week for £15, but everyone else has the same car. Im thinking of putting either a tamiya celica or tamiya corrolla on top of the chassis. does anyone know if the wheelbases are similar?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts