SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi Jason, I was aware of that having already used the feature! My taking up + membership was a gesture of thanks for having added this, I am using the site more now and it's only right that I contribute to it's upkeep/development. As my "handle" indicates, I used to post on SCX Worldwide and that was my primary slot site, since it's demise I have lurked here occasionally but it's now my primary. It's a great resource and I appreciate the efforts of all those involved.

Cheers and thanks again - Bob.

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Ok Brian has finished Digital - all subforums included and Media.

He will be doing the balance of the small ones next week.

With regard to Clubs - please be aware:

Attention all clubs:

We should soon be able to start on making direct photo upload available to the club forums. As there are a very large number of them this will not be a quick process and we don't really know which clubs would use the facility. Accordingly, it will be done on request for the time being. Send a PM to Brian (CMOTD) if you would like your club included. First come first served.

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
ALL the forums are now open OTHER than clubs - please see request above - now also posted in the clubs forum....

Huge thanks must go to CMOTD for the huge amount of work that he has put in to do this!!!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I have used this and it is very easy, but I have noticed that the picture is bigger than it needs to be. Is there any advice about resizing? The picture I posted was 4496x3000 pixels at 300dpi.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
The forum automatically resizes attached images to a maximum of 1600 x 1200 px before saving them.

Then, in your browser window the forum software will change the display size of your image to suit your screen size, at least down to the minimum forum width, which is between 820px and 960px depending on the theme you are using. So your image will quite often be displayed at a smaller size than it is saved at, and certainly much smaller than the 4496 x 3000px size you've uploaded.

So it's very difficult for us to judge whether a "picture is bigger than it needs to be" because the display size depends on the size of the uploaded image, the device used to view it, the width of the screen, the width of the browser window, and the theme you're using. In short, everyone will be viewing something slightly different.

But if you want your images to be smaller on the page, you would need to resize them before you upload them. 800 x 600px might work better for you, or 640 x 480px if you want them even smaller.

If you haven't already got software to do it, I'd recommend FastStone Photo Resizer which I think is still freeware.

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
Time for an update:

most people seem to have got the hang of direct uploading now, but there is much more to it than photos. You can also upload many other things such as Excel and Word documents etc. You can even attach Ultimate Racer layout files. Look HERE for a full list of acceptable file types and further instructions.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Im completely sold. Browser friendly... ? SO its user friendly .. ? My hats off !

Awesome.

My traffic rate will go up.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Just tried to add a photo in a PM and the Attach Files option is missing...I tried copy/paste and although the photo was visible to me, when I tried to send the PM I got this error message...

Rectangle Font Handwriting Number Logo

Attachments

·
Dave Capelen
2,774 Posts
Hi folks

I'm also struggling to add photos to my post in the Slotcarmann thread on the Hobby Traders' section.

There doesn't seem to be an option for me to simply attach a file.

My photos are in .jpg format on my notebook.

Cheers

Dave

·
Administrator
10,131 Posts
Slocarmann make sure you are not in the quick reply box, you have to click the button in the bottom left called more reply options to get the full editor that allows embedding photos...

·
re member
4,133 Posts
I guess not but I have had that problem previously

·
re member
4,133 Posts
Thanks Riko. I was directly uploading from my phone when the problem cropped up but it does seem to be ok now.

·
re member
4,133 Posts
No it doesn’t. I went to start a new thread and the picture is sideways...in a matter of minutes

21 - 40 of 46 Posts