SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It may seem a bit odd but I have two different spots on my track where I would like to disable one side of the XLC's. Please correct me if I'm missing something here. If I physically remove the sensors from the one lane I could then solder that flipper in place and continue my copper tape dirrectly over the flipper which would remove the dead spot?

Thanks

·
Greg Gaub
14,986 Posts
You could also pull the pin from the solenoid(s) of the flipper you want to immobilize. Then, taping over it should be no problem, and it would be easily reversible.

·
Prof I T
11,162 Posts
hi
removing the actuating pin is the best way of disabling the flipper and as mentioned the least intrusive as it will be easy to revert it back to standard should you wish.

but to cure the dead spot with coppertape i think you will need to de solder the bridging wires from the x over otherwise you will get a short.

And if you have to do it to one lane i think you may have to do it to both.
to avoid another shorting point.

If the above is correct then you will only be moving the dead point from the straight ahead posistion on both lanes and introducing one on the one remaining lane change.

maybe Riko will pass by some time.

·
Greg Gaub
14,986 Posts
As long as it's the same rail being bridged, there should not be any shorting. He'll need to make sure he doesn't touch the opposing rail, or that the flipper isn't touching the opposing rail at the back side, but as far as I understand what he's planning, it should be just fine without changing the wiring underneath.

·
Bill
2,888 Posts
Rather than physically damaging the XLC, I would just cover the sensor with some bit of tape. A dot of superglue would keep the flipper in place and could also be easily undone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts