SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
The Digital Slot Car Association presents:

High resolution poster available on request

In 2016 The Digital Slot Car Association ran two events using pop-up digital slot car racing circuits at popular UK club venues. The events were well received, and in response to the enthusiasm for our GT3 formula we are pleased to announce three dates for the forthcoming season.

As well as return visits the excellent facilities at South Manchester Slot Racing and Rockingham Slot Car Club, the series will visit the North Staffs Slot Racing Club in Stoke-on-Trent where the excitement around digital slot car racing is also present! The North Staffs date is a little over 6 weeks away, so please get your entry in as early as possible to avoid missing out.

Venues and Dates

Rounds 1 & 2
North Staffs - 5th March 2017

Rounds 3 & 4
South Manchester Slot Racing - 30th July 2017

Rounds 5 & 6
Rockingham Slot Car Club - 12th November 2017

All circuits will be four lanes.

Event Format

Practice - 90 mins
RACE 1 - 60 mins
RACE 2 - 60 mins

Drivers will swap between 25 and 35 minutes elapsed time. Driver change pitstops have a minimum duration of one minute.

Races will be scored independently, with a reverse grid feature for Race 2.

Eligible Cars & Regulations

GT3 cars from an approved body list by NSR, Scaleauto, Scalextric, Carrera, Black Arrow, TA71S
Any plastic chassis from a homologated chassis list, including 3D printed chassis for eligible bodies. Soft chassis not allowed.
Scaleauto 18,000rpm Baby Sprinter motor, max pinion 14z
Scale auto 2018 Procomp-3 20.5x9mm wheel & tyre
Minimum weight 19.0g body / 85.0g overall
Maximum track width 62.0mm
Minimum ground clearance 0.5mm ahead of the guide, 1.8mm beneath the motor
An oXigen digital chip must be fitted

The formula is designed for using original manufacturer's cars and upgrades with a sharp level performance and drivability.

The full list of eligible cars, technical regulations and sporting regulations are attached to this post.

Last year the organisation supplied two pairs of SC-2018 wheels & foam tyres to all entrants.
THIS YEAR THERE WILL BE NO HAND-OUT PARTS.

Due to the positive reception and adoption of foam tyres for racing and testing, we feel there is enough awareness and product availability through retail channels that teams may easily supply their own wheels and tyres. In order to regulate usage, the original red sidewall marking must be fully visible on the tyre and the car must comply with ground clearance requirements.

The change will also make it easier to prepare and fit wheel inserts, also required by the regulations. It will also make it possible to re-use tyres that have low wear, and practice on old tyres.

Finally, the race fees will reduce by £10.00 as the organisation no longer have the overhead cost associated with supply.

Fees & Registration
Each round will accept a maximum entry of 12 teams.

Registration is via online form accessible here: LINK: https://goo.gl/forms/J35C0lV73Wc8BvcZ2

The form may be submitted multiple times. The entry fee for each round is £30.00 per team, which must be payed IN FULL to secure a place. Payments may be made via PayPal, cheque or bank transfer. Cancellations are non-refundable and non-transferable. Full T's&C's are given on the entry form.

All further enquiries should be made to [email protected], or posted to our Facebook page /officialdisca or here on SlotForum

Attachments:
Welcome Pack - General information abut GT3 Euroseries
Sporting Regulations - Regulations surrounding the format and organisation of the events
Bodies & Chassis List - Eligible models and aftermarket chassis for GT3 Euroseries
Technical Regulations - Technical specification for cars

We hope to see you on the grid!

Attachments

·
ParrotGod
7,809 Posts
Excellent seeing this series progressing.
Hope to be there for the first one but it is all up in the air at the moment.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
Good morning Richard

I just tried the link and it did send me to the form and I could add a team. So maybe it was a temporary glitch?

Could you try once more please?

with kind regards
Tamar

·
ParrotGod
7,809 Posts
Hi Richard
from memory the form is only for getting the details of the teams.
For payments you have to transfer the money by other means (e.g. paypal).

·
ParrotGod
7,809 Posts
I see. Then just ignore my comment! ;-)
I am sure Gary will be on it.

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
Hi Richard

Firstly thanks for the interest

The google form is only to submit information. There is no checkout function within the app, unfortunately, so you will need to send the payment manually using the details provided.

Regards

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We're half full for the first two rounds at Staffs, and I hope to see an extra couple of teams based on what people have told me recently :)

I think there might be a couple of individual drivers out there seeking team mates, so please post on the thread and let's see if we can pair you up and get you racing together!

GT3 was excellent as the Suzuka support race and I think there will be plenty of excitement as we start the season in the UK.

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
Hi everyone

Final instructions for the North Staffs 05/03 have been issued to the teams. Within the finals are information about the venue, firmware versions, timetable and entry list. We currently have 8 cars entered with a possible ninth (?) to be confirmed. Those are

1.SKIPP / STRACHAN / MERCEDES
2.MADDOCK / JONES / MERCEDES
3.UNDERWOOD.J / UNDERWOOD.B / FERRARI
4.AUGUST / HILLS / FERRARI
5.LEMAISTRE / TUCKER / FERRARI
6.BAILEY / WAIN / AUDI
7.THORPE / WADE / AUDI
12. WHITE / HILL / MCLAREN

If there is any further interest from teams or drivers looking to race at North Staffs, please contact me and we can get you signed up. Loan cars and hand controllers are available for those without, please enquire for details.

The series represents some of the best digital racing in the UK with nearly 2 hours track time for every driver.

Schedule (timings given are approximate and subject to change)

0900 Signing on
1000 Driver's briefing
1030-1200 Practice session (90m). Cars to Parc Ferme.
1200-1300 Scrutineering / Lunch Break
1310 Cars to grid / grid photos
1330-1430 Race 1. Cars to Parc Ferme.
1445 Prizegiving (Race 1)
1500-1600 Race 2 (reverse grid)
1615 Prizegiving (Race 2)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Thanks to all that attended the first UK round of DiSCS GT3. You may not know but the previous week we had roof damage due to the high winds, so was a worry that this event would be postponed. Thankfully our landlord acted promptly, enabling us to clean up in time for the event.
Good turn out of teams and some great close racing. in both of the race's.
Looking forward to the next round at South Manchester

·
ParrotGod
7,809 Posts
Good to hear that was another good event. Do you guys have any pics of the event?

I would be curious to see the track and the cars.

thanks

·
Registered
548 Posts
Good to hear that was another good event. Do you guys have any pics of the event?
I would be curious to see the track and the cars.

thanks
Haven't figured out how to post pictures on this new format, I'll but some on the DiSCA F/B page

1 - 20 of 72 Posts