SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there all...

In anticipation of the forthcoming Scalextric "Cars 2" 1:32 scale Slot Cars releases. Here are some of my own "Cars" slot conversions.

"Mater" uses a PCS chassis, std Scalextric motor and MB slot (fly) "truck" rear wheels and tyres.
"Finn Mc Missile" has a modified "Ninco" Corvette chassis, motor, wheels/tyres, axles & gears.
"Mc Queen" has a modified Fly Chassis, wheels/tyres and Scalextric motor.
They all run great, although "Mater" is a bit "Tippy" in the corners, but it all adds to the "fun"

The "Mater" and "Finn Mc Missile" Bodies, came from "Toys are Us" (pull back toys)... The "Mc Queen" body came from the "Disney" store.

The new Scalextric "Cars 2" releases should be a great hit with the kids, as they love seeing these go round the track

All the best.. Martin De'Ath.

Plus.... All three "Cars" on "Pendles" Club Track..

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Great Martin!

I've got a McQueen, about 1/32, that was on top of a birthday cake from Asda a couple of years ago. Never seen one since.

Always check out Disney stores and other toy shops to try to find "Cars" stuff in 1/32 but never have any luck. I saw the Blue Porsche, that had been converted, on Fleabag which went for £30 ish..........

Youve got the right Idea here after all

"They're only toy cars".......

Keep up the good work

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Hi there Splitrim..

Thank you for looking at this "Cars" Conversion thread, and taking the time to post your reply, very much appreciated.
Looks like other viewers are just not intrested or cant be bothered in posting any comments, good or bad.

There is also a "Fun" side to this great hobby of ours as well, its not only just about racing, scratchbuilding and track building (of which most of you know, I do as well)

Get the Kids and Grandkids intrested and involved, with cars and vehicles that they can relate to, after all they are the future scratchbuilders, track builders, and buyers of slot cars to come, plus future Slot Car Club members.
Kids (Big and Small) love to see these Cartoon, TV and Movie related cars going around the track.

Lets see some of your more "Unusual" and even "Wacky" Slot Conversions, no matter what...

All the best.. Martin De'Ath.

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Those 'Cars' look great Martin. And I'm quite sure the young kids will not be the only ones that find them irresistible. It's certainly a good way to introduce the youngsters to the fun of the track.

Don't suppose there's any chance that you have Penelope Pitstop's Compact Pussycat somewhere in that collection of conversions you've done.

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there Ember..
Thank you for your reply..

Unfortunately No P.P. " Compact Pussycat" in my "Cartoon" conversion collection.
Although the "Penelope" Pitstop car and the other "Whacky Racers" collection of Cartoon vehicles, are ones I would like to build, If I could only find some good drawings or photos of them, I believe some where made into full size cars.
They would make an intresting and fun set of TV related slot cars, and probably quite fun to build

All the best.. Martin.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
There is a company, I think called Toroslot, who make a range of "comedy" slot cars, including Wacky races characters, minis with surf boards, 2cvs and load of others. the bodys seem to be a kind of thick lexan? possibly even like the MSC stuff. They list on uk ebag from time to time but the prices with the postage seem to be aroud £70 mark, I think the are in Argentina.

Simon

BTW Martin, I have photographs of some of the fullsize Wacky Racers from the Goodwwod Festival of Speed about 4 years ago, I'll see if I can find them.

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi there all...

SplitRim.. Thank you for the info... Now you mention Toroslot, I am sure I have also seen them on *bay, but the bodies looked a bit "crude" to me, and a bit expensive.

Ember.. Thank you for posting the photos. I will do some more research into the full size "Whacky Racers", hopefully ending up, with a few builds.

All the best.. Martin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts