SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there all...

Here are a few Slot-Car Conversions of various Disney's vehicles, from both the "Cars" movies, which I especially built for the Gaydon Slot Car Event earlier this month..

These were built/converted using Pullback toys, R/C cars, etc.... "Mack" the big rig, was purchased at a boot sale for £1.00, and his trailer from Ebay (which is still being worked on).. I also managed to keep the sound chip in "Mack" so he talks to you when you press the roof section down. "Mack" was especially a big hit with kids of all ages, going round my Carrera demo oval, along many others as well.
The chassis I used on them all, are mainly modified Scalextric, Fly and Ninco, sometimes using part of the original "toy"chassis as well.. For "Mater" I used a PCS Chassis.

A couple are not quite finished, "Ramone" (Lo-Rider) is waiting for his special "Flamed" paintwork, and "Mack" has to be finished off, as well as his trailer..
I hope you like them...

All the best.. Martin.

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,742 Posts
I am working on a Mater - what chassis did you use under it? Any chance of a photo please?

thanks
David

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there David...

As requested here are a couple of photos, showing the underside of my "Mater" slot-car conversion.

I have used an adjustable PCS chassis for this one. The front wheels/tyres are from the original toy.. The double rear wheels and tyres are Fly truck parts, with my own cast resin inserts. Not cheap, but look the part.
Motor, axles and gears are Scalextric.. I also fitted a magnet just behind the motor,underneath the chassis (you can just about see it between the rear wheels,painted black).. Without it, the car was very tippy on the corners. It now goes much better around them, especially with the grandkids driving it....

Hope they help with your conversion..

All the best.. Martin.

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi there all..

Kev, Michael and David.. Thank you for looking and your comments..

All the best.. Martin..

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
Lovely work Martin. Seeing your stuff in the flesh was one of the highlights of my visit to Gaydon.
It was nice to finally meet and chat with you too. I hope you inspired others to have a go at it.
Cheers,
Richard

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi there Richard..

So pleased you liked my scratchbuilds and conversions, and thank you for your comments.
It was good to finally meet you, and to have a quick chat.

All the best in your future builds.. Martin...

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
nice work on the matter martin.
I ran my conversion in reverse and fitted a scalextric pontiac firebird chassis stretched.
f1 rears and i also used the original front wheels with american classic silicones on them.
We run non magnet and seems to go ok as all the weight is at the rear.
regards lee

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good fun stuff.

I have done a Tow Mater and am doing a Finn McMissile for my son, based on Disney pull-back cars. What did you use for Doc Hudson and The King? I failed to find any suitable-sized bodies for these.

MartinWales

1 - 10 of 10 Posts