SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I get shouted down by people saying "ITS BEEN DONE ALREADY"as much as I have looked I cannot find the old links.

Just thought someone can point me to the right link,I'm a little hopeless on the computer and need help in sizing and all that sort of thing.

Thanks in advance.

terry

·
Registered
34 Posts
terry,

unfortunately you will need to be pretty computer savvy to make your own decals!

using a vector based programme such as 'illustrator' is going to allow you to make your decals any size without any loss in quality.

if you are scanning then you rely on the resolution of the original scan to give you a smooth edge, higher resolution being better.

martin

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
Terry:

While one of the vector programs are best I have had some reasonable results using Paint Shop Pro. Provided that the originals are scanned in at high res. about 400 dpi.
Here is one link to Alans South African site that might help.
Decal making

I think this link on Auslot may have some info: Dave's paint jobs

If you more info on what I do Email me.

Phil

·
Registered
221 Posts
Terry:

While one of the vector programs are best I have had some reasonable results using Paint Shop Pro. Provided that the originals are scanned in at high res. about 400 dpi.
Here is one link to Alans South African site that might help.
Decal making

I think this link on Auslot may have some info: Dave's paint jobs

If you more info on what I do Email me.

Phil
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks martin,phil,I somehow thought that my lack of computing skills would be a problem,it might be one of those things that may be put in the "too hard" basket for now,btw phil do you have any dates for the upcoming proxy race for 2005?

thanks again fellas terry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts