SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests really.

I got my first analogue set for Christmas from my wife, and after reading here I notice loads of people are buying cars other than Scalextric (Ninco etc). After looking at some of these cars I am impressed with how good they look, and some of the ones that aren't available as a Scaley car. So, can I just pick up any of these other manufacturers cars and run them on my track "out of the box"?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Most cars will run just great right out of the box. On some others you might want to exchange the pick-up since they might be too deep or too shallow. I usually stock up on some generic Slot.it / NSR pick-ups and keep them in my spare part box just in case.

Some high-performance cars might not run too well on a stock Scalextric track either, depending on the powersupply and the handles you have. Some cars require a bit more juice to run nicely (high performance racers with strong engines like a NSR Mosler with 25k engines for instance), and a bit more control (they might be a bit too jerky to run with stock Scalextric analog handles without modification).

Ninco I dont have much experience of myself, but I agree that some of their cars look very nice also. I think you will find that many other brands like NSR or Slot.IT gives you a totally new experience when it comes to slot-cars compared to the stock Scalextric cars.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
OK I hope that you are not talking DIGITAL, these only run on the system you have ie scalex on scalex ninco on ninco and so on, otherwise yes most cars will run on Analouge track.
I hope you will eventually remove the magnets on any cars you buy this will help as some of the other cars you mentioned have very strong ones.
Regards
Zen

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (zendragon @ 2 Jan 2012, 18:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>OK I hope that you are not talking DIGITAL, these only run on the system you have ie scalex on scalex ninco on ninco and so on, otherwise yes most cars will run on Analouge track.
I hope you will eventually remove the magnets on any cars you buy this will help as some of the other cars you mentioned have very strong ones.
Regards
Zen

I've only got an analogue set at the moment, and until I have sorted some "expensive" jobs for the wife there won't be any space for the permanent setup which will mean no digital for the time being - however, knowing the above information will be useful long term. Many thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Don't be scared of digital. You can damn near chip anything if you try. Scaley makes a small chip that u can fit in pretty tight spaces. I have fallen in love with the Fly front motor rear drive cars, Lister, corvette, they are both tough to chip. Oh almost forgot the Fly GT40 is tighter than most also. As long as you have space you can do any manufacturers car with the scaley or slot it chip. Have fun

Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts