SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my stepdad has got a few old scalextric capri's. I dunno what model number they are but they are are orange with a blue roof.

I was just wondering, do these have rear bumpers?

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Damn good eyesight Phil. I'm only half as far away as Sheffield, can you tell me if any of my cars have got split pinion gear teeth ? Would save me hours checking them all out.........

Happy New Year :))))

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
If they're the ones with CAPRI 3.0 S down the doors then the rear bumper is different to the other scaley Capris; it's more like a slab than a bumper.

Mark.

·
Jim Moyes
5,017 Posts
QUOTE (Difflock @ 10 Jan 2005, 15:21)it's more like a slab than a bumper.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or a skirt perhaps?

Not that I'm saying Capris are feminine or anything

Mr.M

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
The original question was if the Capri that mainframe had was meant to have a rear bumper, simple answer is yes.

He states that this it is the "Orange with a blue roof" car. this I would take to be C326 'Dukes of Hazard' car.
This was fitted with black bumpers, repros are available from BTS mouldings or you can sometimes find some originals at swapmeets, Westwood models used to have the complete bumper and mirror sets but has now run out of stock.

QUOTE If they're the ones with CAPRI 3.0 S down the doors then the rear bumper is different to the other scaley Capris; it's more like a slab than a bumper.

I take it that you mean the white C311 and the yellow C327, these had skirts fitted front and back and an aerofoil on the rear deck.
some people say that the C311 was also available with chrome bumpers but I believe this is just a car that has lost its proper bits!

·
Jim Moyes
5,017 Posts
In the absence of anything better to do on this rainy afternoon, I thought I'd clear up any confusion by adding a couple of pics.

batmobilemiticos_012.jpg

Whether the roof of the Dukes of Hazard car could be called blue is one thing, but I think calling the lower car orange would have to be considered incorrect.

So if you mean the top car, mainframe, then yes is the answer. But if you mean the lower, yellow, car then it should have one of these.

batmobilemiticos_013.jpg

Hope this helps!

Mr.M

Attachments

·
Jim Moyes
5,017 Posts
That would get a few collectors salivating, Phil.

BTW, I was interested (and pleased) to see that you think the white Capris without spoilers 'n skirts aren't genuine releases as I don't have one like that. Never thought to check the old catalogues to see if one was ever pictured that way.

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
QUOTE I was interested (and pleased) to see that you think the white Capris without spoilers 'n skirts aren't genuine releases

I have been told that a few were sold in the Factory Shop unboxed and with the chrome bumpers, but this is not really a genuine release.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (Mr.M @ 10 Jan 2005, 15:27)Whether the roof of the Dukes of Hazard car could be called blue is one thing, but I think calling the lower car orange would have to be considered incorrect.

So if you mean the top car, mainframe, then yes is the answer. But if you mean the lower, yellow, car then it should have one of these.

Hope this helps!

Mr.M
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi people, sorry for not replying, its the bottom one Im on about the yellow one, I got the colour wrong because my cars are at my other house and im only there sundays, so id forgot the colour.

Thanks for your help guys

1 - 13 of 13 Posts