Do some classes need merging?
Yes - Combine some of the similar classes428.57%
No - They are fine214.29%
Just show me the resuls please857.14%

#4 ·
Not a bad idear John

Personally I think we have a lot of classes that have become 1 car classes

Also thinking of new members we run very few out of the box classes
Ie Ninco GT's you get the mosler then throw everthing away apart from shell and chassie
then add new motor new gears new wheels new tyres etc
Pretty soon its an £80 car

Personally I would like to see something different muscle cars for instance?

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
hi michael

As montoya said this sort of thing should be done in the club, but as most members are not on the forum nor attend every club night.

this is why Noel Taylor sent a e-mail to each and every member with a copy of all classes and specifications for each class, asking for there input.

As one of the new members you are talking about, more out of the box cars would be better, but going through the rules a lot of the cars we race are standard

Spirit 406, scalextric F1/indy, Fly trucks, SCX rally, Ninco Classic, Slot-it GT/leMans and the Fly GT endurance car.

i do agree with you and John the two F1 classes could be merged and maybe getting rid of one of the GT classes seeing there are quite a few of them, and would like to

see a American mussle class, but this may require a few mods to get it to run well, as well as the xlot class that steve and Graeme has mentioned. the X- slot cars

would be totally out of the box as there is a lot of tuning that can be done to a standard car, and is totally diffrent to all other groups.

Thats my 2 pennys worth

#9 ·
Lee we finish late enough as is on a monday

The trucks hardly get run for some reason

What will happen with the spirit pugs as they are plastic wheels and gears and are getting harder to get hold of

Muscle cars shouldnt require to much work I think john got one running pretty good maybe he could tell us what he did

Maybe I am just getting bored with running the cars for a few years now
After all its all new classes for you

Another thought scx nascars

Michael

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all.
For what it's worth here's my 2p's worth.
I like John's suggestion of merging the SCX F1/Indy F1 cars and running them with the SCO8B motor.
And Micheal's suggeation of mybe introducing the SCX Nascars sounds good (but would you turn up on that night Micheal knowing your love/hate of the SCX 4X4 class)

My Suggestion (and i'm ready to be shot down on this one) is the MSC range of car's, they run really well straight out of the box.
Take the mag out, keep the 4x4 drive/ standard motor and guide, but mybe change the wheel's/tyres and their good to go, only possable draw back is the fact that the 4x4 drive is belt driven.
As i've never raced this kind of car before I'm not sure how the belt would hold up under race conditions, mybe allow it to be run in 2wd.
Just a suggestion.

Cabbyman

G
#11 ·
Michael,
i beg to differ regarding finishing time on a Monday. 10.30 - 11pm is hardly late for an adult.
Also, if you are "bored" with some of the cars and wish to race another class, why have you posted under the heading "Do we race too many classes"???
Don't forget that most clubs run 1 class per night whereas we run 2.
Furthermore, this forum is NOT the place to discuss club business as these matters are always discussed at the club at the end of every year.

#12 ·
Scx nascars seem to run pretty good

I refuse to spend any more money after having several rubbish scx motors
One didnt even make 1race meeting and even bob couldnt get it to go good
So time to give it miss me thinks

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE (fw14b @ 23 Oct 2011, 23:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Michael,
i beg to differ regarding finishing time on a Monday. 10.30 - 11pm is hardly late for an adult.
Also, if you are "bored" with some of the cars and wish to race another class, why have you posted under the heading "Do we race too many classes"???
Don't forget that most clubs run 1 class per night whereas we run 2.
Furthermore, this forum is NOT the place to discuss club business as these matters are always discussed at the club at the end of every year.
Re time it is late to then have a meeting
Didnt say i was bored there are several classes i dont like and therefor dont race them
Posted it under that heading as I wanted to see if people think there are too many classes
I was just asking for peoples opinions no harm in that is there?

G
#14 ·
We always have a "meeting" before we race.
I don't think it is anyone elses business.
This is an internal matter and it seems that some "outsiders" have already posted unwanted comments. I haven't seen them though.
I thought you were going to "give it a miss".
Do me a favour and speak to either me or the other members in person.
Regards, Graeme.
PS: i will make no further comments regarding this on the Forum and ask that any other club members refrain from doing so.

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
dear moderator,
isn't there such a thing as a 'closed group' that can be set-up for member of the GT raceway club members.
GT could supply you with a list of user id's to grant access to, so we can chat in 'virtual private'.
some people are not good at 'face to face' conversations, a forum by definition is the ideal place to air grievances.
i'm not trying to stir things , its just a thought.
Gary:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.