SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got a chance to install the OverDrive Light kit in my new Viper Valencia:

This Viper has got to be one of my favorites!

regards,
Michael

·
DT
5,195 Posts
That looks great. The Viper goes like a bomb hey. The lights make it even better. Fly is also now offering a lighting kit for the Viper.

·
Registered
329 Posts
QUOTE (tibius181 @ 21 Aug 2004, 13:39)I have one of these, but where did you get the light kit?? please help me!!

Doug

Hey there!

Fly do one of these kits and I got mine, that I used in the Viper video, from Getslotted.

Julian.

·
Registered
3 Posts
about this light set kits, there are a few choices available: Kelvin Light, OverDrive, Fly, Ninco and Slot.it

I would like to know what is the kit that iluminates better the track (with only one pair of leds)

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Hi Calvin,

If you are looking for the brightest light it definitely won't be the Slot.It kit. I've installed a couple of these and they are much dimmer than stock Scalextric, SCX, or Fly lights. I think Overdrive advertises they use the bright Xenon lights even in their basic kit - headlights, taillights, no cap.

You can see pictures of the Slot.It kit installed and glowing on this page which also has links to tutorials on installing all the other kits but the Kelvin Lights.

Paul

·
Registered
474 Posts
Guys thanks to all who told me where to get the light kit i went on getslotted and bought mine straigt away! But even better than that!! When you sign up you get 50 loyalty points worth £5.00 so what would have cost £10.99 cost me £5.99!
Now i gan get those new guitar stings!! lol!

Doug

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
The trick with installing lights (anyones) when your main goal is to light the track well is to take extra care when lining them up. One kit might be brighter but will not appear so if not installed right.

Point the LEDs down slightly (a few degrees only) to light the track,
Point them straight to light barriers and walls etc and
Point them upwards to make them appear brightest to watchers and yourself.

Same applies for rear lights, if you point them down they will appear dimmer to anyone watching from a higher viewpoint than the car.

This might seem to be obvious but most seem to forget that positioning is important.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts