SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Anyone that knows me knows i love Pixar films, so i thought i would make my own Lightning Mcqueen scalextric car
(sad i know but so what lol)

so this is what im starting off with,

then i did a bit of stripping needs a little more

whats a good model filler? as i need to cut the spoiler off reshape it and refit it so need a good model filler

si

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Simon,

Good luck with the project, I would suggest you need to remove more of the original colour though as thats mostly tampo and will ruin any paint you put on top.

Model filler, try fine milliput as a starting point.

·
Registered
27 Posts
dude keep the spoiler!!! you can replicate the lightning mcqueen from cars 2 with that!! its exactly the same look at the trailer!! and also IM A MASSIVE PIXAR CARS FAN!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NOOO! SO MAD!! some how ive managed to drop a splash of white spirit on the light lense and its turned white! can this be fixed some how?

si

·
Registered
27 Posts
glad you seen sense lol and just tint the lights just put white spirit on the other one aswell so the match is right lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome! i think ive stripped it enough now

just got to wait for the filler to arrive to fill the front bumper,

i cant belive that carera and scalex are bringing them out! (not that ive seen the cars just another thread
)

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,740 Posts
you could try polishing it off with some toothpaste

cheers
DM

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks boshank

I went to my local tesco which are now selling the CARS 2 toys!! so i now have myself an awesome reference car, i am now in the process of making every graphic from scratch grrrr

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Guess what , Hornby just released it in 1/32

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Yeah thats the one, the spoilsports, yours will just be better, cos you made it

1 - 20 of 37 Posts