SlotForum banner

Does Anyone Do Any Work For a Living!

8K views 54 replies 30 participants last post by  JOHN SECCHI 
#1 ·
As I made my last posting I noticed the times of other regular postees - if that's the right word and I realised how the same people including me seem to spend an awful lot of time on the Forum when they should be earning an honest crust.

It got me wondering how people fit their visits into their work/leisure schedules?

David

#6 ·
I'm currently on long term sick waiting for them to fire me off! Horrible production line zombie job it was. Good guys to work with though

Currently studying to be a Network technician (NetPro CompTIA A+ certification) leading eventually to Microsoft Certified (some say I should be!
) systems Admin.

Hence my crazy posting times

Mark.

#15 ·
I better answer my own question. I have a very irregular work pattern and can be around very early in the morning, late at night, just in the morning or just the afternoon and I have SF as a favourite at work as well so I tend to dip into it quite frequently and at almost anytime of day or night.

Work is fairly stressful so I find it a great way to unwind, I particularly enjoy the very friendly atmosphere here which is certainly not universal when viewing other message boards.

David

#20 ·
Just an old, retired from real work, phart here, that works a lot on the computer and at the slot car bench when I don't have some piddely chore around the house.

"Dang it, that grass is growing again"

I may have to go out a mow it soon or I won't be able to see the dog.

Always interrutions like that around here.

#25 ·
...you've showed your age howmet - only elder people like us remember Alice Cooper and his scandals

I'm working as head of logistics for the swiss subsidiary of a UK-based reseller. And for my excuse - I'm working a lot and drop into SF from time to time to relax...

#26 ·
Work for a living?

Good question.

I get paid regularly by the company, but not sure it could be described as work. It's a pain, frustrating and annoying, but work....?

No, I get paid to talk about cars to other car nuts. Leaving aside the need to talk to accountants about how much money I spend talking about cars to other car nuts, it's the best job in the world (although I sometimes forget that).

Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.