SlotForum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some personal model car projects in several scales that a few custom photo-etched or PCM (photo chemical machining/milling...the 3D p/e-ed parts) would work great for. I was hoping there must be some other hobbyists would might be able to do this sort of thing in very low volume, hopefully not too expensive either (maybe even in the model aircraft, ship building, or model railroad areas). With the popular access to Photoshop and Corel, hopefully you could just supply your own artwork, without the need of having it needing redrawing.

Thanks.

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Hi
My suggestion is you talk to steve ward at penelope pitlane he makes all sorts of photoetched chassis and stuff failing that graham poulton (zagato ) and martin field (Club special ) both know how to do it

cheers tony

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tony,

Thanks for the help! I was able to Google "Penelope Pitlane", but didn't have any success with Zagato or "Club Special". Could you possibly email the links to those sites?

THANKS

doug

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Zagato is a member here. He's the modelling maestro behind GP-Miniatures. Website can be found here.

Club Special is also a member here and very experienced with modelling prototypes for kit production.

I don't think either of them do their own Photo Etch bits, but if you drop either of them a PM they'll no doubt be able to tell you who they use for production etc.

Embs

·
Registered
12 Posts
QUOTE (DonohuefanUSA @ 25 May 2011, 20:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>With the popular access to Photoshop and Corel, hopefully you could just supply your own artwork, without the need of having it needing redrawing.
I can't help you out with this project but having checked into this a little for a project of my own I did discover that artwork used should be vector based using programs like Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape or even AutoCad. Photoshop and Corel are pixel based and when scaled can get blurry edges.

Good luck on your project.

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
Corel Draw is vector based and ideal for doing this artwork and decals as well! Inkscape is free to download and should do wHat is needed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks Phil for the correction on Corel, I was thinking it was like PhotoShop. I've never used Corel the others I have and yes I did forget to mention that Inkscape is free

1 - 12 of 12 Posts