SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam a newbie returing to scalextric after 50y .I have a few projects in mind one is two Dolomite Sprint kits .I want advice on 3d printing and and where to get scale sprint wheels from or made
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light

·
Kevs Racing Bits
3,577 Posts
Are you Dolly bodyshells resin cast?

·
Kevs Racing Bits
3,577 Posts
Do you mean a 3DP chassis to fit the bodyshells you have?

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,694 Posts
Hello Dollyboy,
Obviously actual physical wheels would ideal but a "temporary" solution would be to scale down a photograph of a wheel and stick images of them onto flat-faced wheels. I did this to get Cromodora wheels for a Lancia 1.6HF
Some clubs/events frown upon such practice but for personal use they can suffice if you centre the photograph on the wheel centre.

Leo

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Dollyboy,
Obviously actual physical wheels would ideal but a "temporary" solution would be to scale down a photograph of a wheel and stick images of them onto flat-faced wheels. I did this to get Cromodora wheels for a Lancia 1.6HF
Some clubs/events frown upon such practice but for personal use they can suffice if you centre the photograph on the wheel centre.
I am finding it difficult to find any wheels atm esp as the ammount of wheel /tyres ect are about on the inter net and how do you find the correct correct size in the first place?I likew the idear of a tempery scale pic ,but how do you scale down a pic as most pic resizes only do it bigger or smaller and not in a 1/32 scale
Leo

View attachment 291338

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello Dollyboy,

Leo
While i wait for help on the real wheels i need .How do you resize a pic to 1/32 scale
View attachment 291338

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you mean a 3DP chassis to fit the bodyshells you have?
Yes .Iam waiting for the delivery atm .How do i know what size of wheel/tyre size ? The cars used to race on standard tyres but how do you transfer real size to model size

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I used printed decals for my Baby Bertha wheels. I cut plasticard discs to fit the wheels and sized the decals to fit

View attachment 291535

View attachment 291534
I used printed decals for my Baby Bertha wheels. I cut plasticard discs to fit the wheels and sized the decals to fit

View attachment 291535

View attachment 291534

View attachment 291535

View attachment 291534
They would do formy Montego project as they have crosspoke wheels

1 - 20 of 73 Posts