SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bumped one of my controllers off my slot car table today onto carpet, snapped the lc and menu buttons off, not an easy fix. Bottom line is DONT drop them.

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Hmmm after hearing that I decided to sacrifice a controller, throwing it down on to carpet from 1 metre up 50 times and god damn thing still works perfectly

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Mental note to drop test new bluetooth modules.

Carpet and one metre sounds quite tame. Are they expected to break if you drop them one metre onto a hard stone floor? What is the expected standard?

QUOTE (injectorman @ 27 Jun 2011, 13:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hmmm after hearing that I decided to sacrifice a controller, throwing it down on to carpet from 1 metre up 50 times and god damn thing still works perfectly

I guess we don't all have thick shag pile like you Rick!

·
Registered
881 Posts
QUOTE (Kellerkind @ 27 Jun 2011, 08:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry for that! I thougt about avoiding this kind of damage, too. Hand-sling of nintendo Wii remote controller works perfect when fitted to the inside of scorpius-throttle. Regards Jens
That's exactly what I had in mind after reading about this tragedy

Have a look on eBay. You can get a 6-pack of Wii straps for around $1.30

·
Registered
881 Posts
Yes, good point. I'm a rug racer at the moment, so I think the only thing I'd really have to worry about is someone crushing a controller. I guess I'll have to find a titanium casing

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
QUOTE (RikoRocket @ 27 Jun 2011, 22:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mental note to drop test new bluetooth modules.

Carpet and one metre sounds quite tame. Are they expected to break if you drop them one metre onto a hard stone floor? What is the expected standard?

I guess we don't all have thick shag pile like you Rick!

Yes what is an expected standard. Probably not concrete, I just recently dropped a new mobile phone on the concrete. result, broken screen.

I can definetely say the Scorpius controller is not designed to be dropped on concrete, it might damage the concrete

Seriously I just retested. I actually threw the controller at considerable force landing buttons first (generally) from 1 metre. The battery came out of its holder, reinstalled, all good. Not saying it cant happen obviuosly, but it was probably a rare event.

I have dropped Scorpius controllers on concrete a few times over the years, once breaking an LCD screen.

Wii straps sound like a good idea or just get a grip

Rick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts