SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it might be amusing in the burgeoning spirit of confessing our sins in the "Confessional" thread by GRAH1, that we post what we have our eyes on as next purchases.

Here's my modest list:-

2 x Parma Controllers
Scalextric Lister Storm Sport Ltd Ed.
Scalextric GT40
FLY Alfa Romeo 147
Plus a couple fo F1 cars

Forgive me wifey, for I am WEAK!

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
QUOTE ...post what we have our eyes on as next purchases...

A house! Carefully designed for the slot track of course!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
The plastic has reared it's ugly head once more! Purchased on Tuesday.

Carrera Plymouth Superbird Street Version
Scalextric L88 Corvette No.1 open top

I haven't told my wife yet, so that probably why I'm typing this!!

Mark.

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
I am very lucky my wife is very understanding about my slot obsession and I never have to hide my purchases especially when I get a bargain

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
To point out just how understanding she realy is when we met I had taken a break from regular racing for a couple of years although I still had a lot of my brsca gear,Pam is responsible for me starting again by buying me a scalex for my birth day ,that was some 20 odd yrs ago and as inte said often refers to my hobby as" bloody toy cars" as a term of affection

·
Registered
256 Posts
MY wife said that i couldent buy another car till our holidays which are the end of may that was mid april when we are going to tenerife which i intend on purchasing somethin there i tell ya

but my friend gave me a tamiya 4wd subaru which needed a little tlc and some radio gear so i messed with the gears etc and purchased some 2 channel radio gear from ebay £21 bargain so i have kept my part of the bargain i havent purchased a car have i

but i have plans for them 5 sets of carrera a new layout etc that is my future at the moment and i also want 2 more of the gaugemaster series the fly uk ltd lola and also the capri i think that will do me

·
Premium Member
5,185 Posts
A new slot car with a pinhead guide (me)...

It needs no stinkin' silicone tires, it's got enough grip to sit on its side.

And cheap too!

·
Registered
150 Posts
The major problem I have is to hide the crystal boxes!! (I like keeping junk, that's just me)

How do I explain them 12 empty boxes when I told her I only just bought a couple??
That is when she finds out (not yet, but I'm pretty sure she will)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Went a bit mad over easter buying 3 cars from Ebay and a carrera bargain set, but nothing since! It helps that I've not been anywhere near the slot car shops though.......

·
Registered
164 Posts
Shhhhh.

There is a shop in Melbourne (Australia) that is an Aladdins cave of slot goodies. I went to buy a couple of controllers and walked out with the following:
  • 4 Parma Econos
  • 2 Scaley Mustangs both 69, #1 and #15
  • 1 Scaley Penske Camaro
  • 1 SCX Rossi Puegot 205
Talk about impulse buying. I hate going there!! It's not fair!! So many cars, so little money

The SCX Limited Ed Mini I bought off Ebay hasn't arrived yet but the Sport GT40 #59 I bough by mail order did.

Then there is the Sport GT40 #68
that I saw a few weeks back that I just had to have.........I'm running out of hiding places in the loft

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
514 Posts
Last couple of weeks:

Fly Viper
Scalextric Camaro
Ninco Toyota Corolla
Various Slot It parts, some motors and Scalextric crystal boxes
Waiting for more parts and a Ninco Solberg Subaru.

Not sure what the next purchases will be. I'll know when I see them!

Don't have a wife, so I don't have to hide the cars.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It was my birthday last week so all my family,friends and myself went mad on buying me cars.
In the past week I was given the following:
Scaley MG lola
Scaley Indy Car
SCX Peugeot 206
Topslot Ferrari 550 Maranello kit

I bought the new Fly Porsche Racer and tomorrow my friend is buying me a car when we goto a Toy Fair.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Hmmmm..... I wonder if she would notice this....

Nice car, Philippe! Not sure about the colour, though....

Kind regards

Russell

·
Alan Tadd
4,034 Posts
Well I've just bought the Spirit Ferrari 512M limited edition two car set which was delivered yesterday.

Pure coincidence that my wife just happens to be in Portugal at the the moment!.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
289 Posts
Russell, I'm with you. If P's going to drive an orange and purple 1:1 car, he shouldn't be talking so much trash about how bad my slot car paint jobs look! :cool:

BTW, his posted picture simply does not do justice to the paint job on that car, which looks about two feet deep and is so shiny you'd swear the car is coated with glass. I believe he was told that the paint job alone cost US$60,000!

FWIW, Momma isn't privy to my slot racing expenditures, thank goodness!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sorry PAULH, but I'd like to keep them, until the day when the cars can finally see light (the other half more like). So that I could display them properly.

No hard feelings?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts