SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4,084 Posts
Hi John.
I don't think I have posted my 'official' entry...so here it is.
Both classes of the D/T please (will be looking for a loan 1.24 from some kind soul...please?) but no Saturday 'Big Birds'. I can't get into this 1/24 'lorry' business at all, even the best of them seem to drive god awful compared to a properly set up 1.32.
cheers Bill.

· Registered
4,084 Posts
Hi Phil.
I suppose you have already done an internet trawl to see if you can get the real 1.1 prototypes dimensions?
83 mm works out at just over 6'6''inch,...sounds generous for what was in its original form quite a small car.
The photo does not give you much idea, but it looks wide in it!
I am sure the guys won't mark you to harshly if it is a bit wide!!
Cheers Bill.

· Registered
4,084 Posts
Hi John/Mick.
Polite request.
I have mentioned this in the past at previous D/T's.
Can we mark the Concours class out of 20, please!
I am sure I can't be alone in finding real difficulty in marking 20+ models in each class using the 1-10 system.
You end up giving most of the entry a 6-7 because in the time frame you have to mark in, I find it impossible to split many/most of the entry by a whole mark. Sure, it is not too bad to mark the top 2-3 , and at the other end of the scale the less lovely 2-3, but in the middle order, it becomes much of a muchness.
It also weighs the competition towards the racing, there will be no racing 'ties' but with the 1-10 concours marking system there could be 4-10 same scores!
You could of course still use 1-10, but allow 1/2 point (.5) scoring, but that risks Ralph going all anti-establishment and giving some one a 3.6!!
One further point. In the event of a tie, does the Concours score or racing result take priorty?
Regards Bill

· Registered
4,084 Posts
Tony.
Not to dis-tast-erous...I hope?
John/ Mick.
Many thanks for another super D/T, really missed this event last year, lets hope it continues uninterrupted from now on.
Scale track now gets full marks...new surface spot on!, moderate grip, slight texture, very appropriate for 'proper' scale racing.
Congratulations to big John Secchi on his total dominance of the 1.24 class, and to David Farrow on his overall win.
Very pleased to have defended my 1.32 class win from 2011, stiff competition from about 6 guys with some very quick, good looking models.
A big 'thank you' to my good friend Robbie Davies, he loaned me the best 1.24 model I have 'blagged' so far!
Final thanks to Mike T and David F for doing loads of work, and David's better half for some really top nosh.
On a more serious note;
I echo John's words on our good friend who is suffering dreadfull illnesss, our thoughts are with you Derek.
kind regards Bill.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.