SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 125 Posts

· Premium Member
3,074 Posts
Hi Guys,
Your entries have been noted. Thank you for your support.

Don. The 'Big Bird' event is 1/24th scale.

Gerald. We are not expecting a huge entry for the 'Big Bird' event on the Saturday so we are happy to accept double entries.
If the entry turns out to be much bigger than expected then we may ask you to choose on the day.
I'm not even sure what format of racing John has planned for these cars yet.

Cheers.
Mick.

· John Roche
4,366 Posts
Hi David, it would be fantastic if you and Angela can do some nosh especilly now that we don't have a chip shop down the road anymore.

Gerald, Bill, Joel and Tony i'm glad you're all joining us and Tony it's good that you can finally use that room.

Don, the Big Birds are 1:24 as opposed to Early Birds in 1:32scale. They can be built to either Double Trouble rules or to CSCRA rules. As this years Bordeaux theme is the Indianapolis 500 we'll also allow Indy cars up to 1965 too to save people having to build 2 cars. I'm not sure yet how many entries we'll get so I don't know yet whether we'll run both classes seperately or just lump everyone in together. We can decide nearer the time.. We'll be running the race on the 1:32 track as these cars will be narrower than modern F1 cars in 1:32 scale.

Cheers

John

· Eddie Grice
2,423 Posts
QUOTE (vfr750 @ 22 Oct 2012, 13:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Tony it's good that you can finally use that room.

Not too far from Wellingborough to Corby but is it transferrable to a closer Premier Inn?

John, it's possible I might be in Oz on DT weekend but haven't finalised my travel arrangements yet, will keep you posted.

Eddie

· Premium Member
3,074 Posts
Don,
There must be a fish and chip shop in Corby somewhere.
Every English town has at least one, we just haven't found it yet, and it's certainly not within walking distance.
David and Angela's food is always very good and is probably a lot more healthy.
Cheers.
Mick.

· David Farrow
1,272 Posts
Its Corby!!!! I am sure there will be world class, high fat, deep fried food around somewhere. Maybe even a soggy or a deep fried pizza. I will have to do some research and I will get a trip organised for the Saturday lunchtime. Not even the Scott’s have fish and chips on a Sunday.

· Premium Member
3,074 Posts
Don't forget that there will be a race on Saturday afternoon as well.
For 1/24th scale pre 1965 Grand Prix Cars.
Two classes one for cars built with vintage parts and one for cars to CSCRA GP rules.
All will run together in the heats.
Separate finals if the entry in each class is big enough.
Ortmann tyres only for all classes over the weekend.
Cheers.
Mick.

21 - 40 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.