SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, has anyone used the Dragon lap counter and timing system? Would be inerested in any feedback. Thanks John

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Hi John, if you are referring to the Slot Dragon, I've used it on Scalextric Sport track. I found it to be sturdy, easy to set up, simple to use, and a lot of fun. The system doesn't need a PC. The digital readout is large and highly visible. The Christmas tree, staging feature, and reaction time feature add a lot of play value. And the company is responsive to customer feedback - based upon requests, they are manufacturing additional sensors and systems for different types of tracks and cars.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Greetings Thai, John and all slot car addicts

I am also on the lookout for a lap counter/timer.
The Scalex one I have iritates me with its loud click.I still use the old Scalex/SCX Classic track in my layout.
I cannot get into the Dragon website for some or other reason.
The Dragon counter you refer to:

Besides timing and counting,can one preset a time, and will the counter then tally the completed number of laps ?
How does it detect the passing cars? mechanical or beam etc
What power supply does it require?

Maybe you could post a photo.

Keep those trigger fingers fit!

Regards
Bryan in South Africa

·
Registered
179 Posts
Greetings Thai, thank you for the feedback. It is indeed the Slot Dragon system that I am looking at.
Moontoy1 it looks like the system is for two lane tracks of all types. I have a Carrera set and am currently using their timer and want to switch to a better set up.

My reading on the Slot Dragon site is that their system does not work with cars without downforce mags. Will have to continue my search.

beneke, Slot Dragon's web site shows up on the banner at the top of the page. Not sure if posting the web site is permitted here.

·
Registered
42 Posts
As of today the Slot Car Dragon will work with any car on any track. There is a new Bondoman Photo Eye Sensor avaiable. It has a narrow range for accuracy and is tweekable for a wide rang of lighting conditions. Adjustment is made easy via Calibration LED's for each lane. You will need to drill two 3mm holes in your track though. It is pictured at the site.
You can go to the Links page as they are a sponsor here at SF.
Thank you

·
Simon Platten
1,060 Posts
Hi Slotnuts, I've had a look at the site, when you say any car and any track, I think you mean any Analog system. It won't work for digital layouts will if?

Is there a PC link?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Sy.

I suppose you could install the Bondoman Photo Eyes on a digital track, just stay in your own lane. God if I had a nickel for everytime I have said that in traffic.
And make the races short enough so you don't have to stop for pretend gas.

You know that might not be a bad idea at all . At the very least it could verify just how much, on average, a lane change demenishes a cars ET. I will guess .045
But don't those digital sets have some kind of timing system? But then again, what would be the point. I always wished they would come up with a way to simulate a flat tire. And then have some way to hook up to a computer and click on new tires.

Please go back to the site and read the latest blog. Slot Cars are not NASCARS, they are not Fomula 1, Indi, rally cars or Dragsters. But they do not need to be. They are fantastic just the way they are and with a decent timing system retail Slot Car Sets are one of the most awesome racing mediums on the planet.

Race, chase, live, give, love life
Slotnuts
SN

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well with all that being said, I ordered the Slot Dragon system for my Carrera track. Got great and fast answers when I asked questions on the Slot Dragon site. On a side note, how can you edit the title of a topic? I noticed I had messed up the title when I started the topic. When I went back to edit my mistake I could not change the title errors. Anyone got any tips on how to do this? Regards, John

·
Registered
10 Posts
Greetings all,

I have had mine over 1 month now, can't say enough about it. Order a second sensor and you have your timing for a drag strip or a section of track. Staging is a little tricky but you get used to it. I even paid the extra $30.00 to have it airmailed to the US. By the way they are also a pleasure to deal with. Get it and enjoy.

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts