SlotForum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Steven Dudley
644 Posts
Hi, the wheels shown are 1/24th scale I believe. I'm not aware of anyone doing 1/32nd versions anywhere. You can get this type of wheel/tyre combo in three different diameters, the smallest being 1" dia, .300/285" wide, they fit on a 3/32 axle. The fronts are usually 3/4"or a few are available in 1/2". As far as I'm aware there is only one supplier who stocks drag wheels in the UK and that's AB Slotsport. I get mine from France or the States and would be willing to supply you if you wanted some. View this link for the wheels that are mainly available: Wheels/Tyres.

PM for any further info.

Cheers

MrD

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote name='Steve D' date='17 Jan 2012, 06:41' post='677127']
Hi, the wheels shown are 1/24th scale I believe. I'm not aware of anyone doing 1/32nd versions anywhere. You can get this type of wheel/tyre combo in three different diameters, the smallest being 1" dia, .300/285" wide, they fit on a 3/32 axle. The fronts are usually 3/4"or a few are available in 1/2". As far as I'm aware there is only one supplier who stocks drag wheels in the UK and that's AB Slotsport. I get mine from France or the States and would be willing to supply you if you wanted some. View this link for the wheels that are mainly available: Wheels/Tyres.

PM for any further info.

Cheers

MrD
[/
Cheers Steve, just waiting for the shell to arrive so I can see if any of those will fit. Being 1/32 it may be a bit of a squeeze.

Cheers Cabb77

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (stoner @ 18 Jan 2012, 06:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>missile.co.uk have these wheels and tyres and a lot of drag racing parts. or you could use carrera hot rod wheels and paul g does super soft, sticky xpg 1/32 urethane tyres john.
Thanks for the tip, will have a look there too.
My shell seems to be taking ages to come, but thats ebay for you

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Searching for missle.co.uk came up with some interesting results, but found it in the end.
Looking at the Carrea Hot Rod option, couldn't find anyone with those wheels as spares.
Any suggestions?

Cheers Cabb77

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
QUOTE (cabb77 @ 18 Jan 2012, 11:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looking at the Carrea Hot Rod option, couldn't find anyone with those wheels as spares.
Any suggestions?

Cheers Cabb77

Try Sean at Pendle.

But if you want a long term smooth performance spec car, go see Steve D or Missile. I've used both and both are very reliable.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (dragrap @ 18 Jan 2012, 19:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Try Sean at Pendle.

But if you want a long term smooth performance spec car, go see Steve D or Missile. I've used both and both are very reliable.
Pendle list loads but have very little choice in stock.
Hopefully shell should arrive by the weekend, it's a 1/32 shell but slightly over scale. Once i can have a measure I'll see who is best to pester for wheels

Is someone missing a trick here not supplying nice wheels for 1/32?

Cheers Cabb77

·
Steven Dudley
644 Posts
Hi Cabb77, the 1/32 or 1/24 slot drag racing debate is well documented elsewhere on this site. Unfortunately, slot drag racing is a very low minority sport and in other countries, especially the US, France, Australia, NZ, Malta etc, 1/24th scale is very much the norm for slot drags. So, in answer to your question, I don't think so, as demand would be very low.

Cheers

MrD

·
Registered
213 Posts
Cabb' If you still want a set of front and rear protrack wheels as per illustration then get to tomorrows Earlybirds meeting and introduce yourself - they,re in my carbox waiting for you, subject to a suitable donation to Acorns charity(£10).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts