SlotForum banner

Drop Down Guide Arm

5K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  SlotCartel 
#1 ·
Great BD car, the Martini Corvette CR6.... Is there an advantage to removing the screw that locks the arm in place??? New to this config....

#3 ·
I don't have any experience with these cars and guides however I did notice this video review of a Scaleauto car with a sprung guide and @ 2:20 they refer to the sprung guide being screwed down, the reviewer's opinion later in the video was sprung guides are good for rally tracks not so good for road tracks. Hope this helps.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
The Drop Down Guide on the NSRs is different to a Sprung Guide.

A Sprung Guide on a Rally track is often I good idea. I tested dozens of cars on my old clubs Ninco track which was horrendously bumpy, even with the bumpyness most cars favoured a non Sprung Guide.
On the same track, my NSR Z4 performed a lot better with the Drop Down Guide unfixed and flapping in the wind. I had a lump of lead on the Drop Down part, just behind the Guide post.

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Is there an advantage to removing the screw that locks the arm in place?
There's an advantage in giving it a try with or without - you'll learn what both feels like to drive and which goes quicker with YOUR driving on the tracks YOU drive on.

But if you don't want to do that, you're unlikely to go too far wrong following the advice above about what sort of tracks a locked up drop arm works best.

#9 ·
There's an advantage in giving it a try with or without - you'll learn what both feels like to drive and which goes quicker with YOUR driving on the tracks YOU drive on.

But if you don't want to do that, you're unlikely to go too far wrong following the advice above about what sort of tracks a locked up drop arm works best.
Taking your wise advise...….

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Attachments

#10 ·
Runs Great with Arm hold down screw Removed!!

I have Artin Track with two crossovers and a hump track that is right before tight R1 curve.

No problems on any portion of the track.

Red tires pickup all the dirt on the track but traction is Great!! Very Nice Car...……...
dribble.gif

#12 ·
From the black rings around the rear tire edges.....Need to clean track!

Has not been done in a while. Hopefully Green Cleaner will work.

Drop guide no problem on the Artin hump track or with the cross over sections.

The roll cage has to be adjusted. the cage rods come out under the interior and are loose. Shipping moves them to below or above the drivers head because of mounting screws allowing body float. Not good for shipping???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.