SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
About time I posted something here, get so much inspiration from all the great work people do on the home circuits.

The table is quite long, (3 metres) and is difficult to photograph and do it justice in in one shot, (still trying)

I have some scenic stuff remaining, and am eagerly awaiting the new track sections from Scalextric so I can add a passing lane (or 2!!) on the front straight and also on the main straight over the pits.

Digital affecionados will notice my custom built R2 sensor curve leading into the bottom LC after the R1 hairpin.

Hope y'all enjoy these pics.

regards
drummer

·
Ian
99 Posts
Hi Drummer,
Looking very good, I know what you mean trying to get it all in to one shot! I have just posted pictures of my track (See My Gallery) I have the same problem. But I love your infield sections they look really good!

Regards

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments guys!

Ah Trees, can;t have enough, just gotta find the time to hot glue them all in an absolutely perpendicular position.

Nuro, It doesnt quite look it, but I have room for an inner lane from the pit straight into and through the first corner which will bring 3 lanes into 2 for the bottom hairpin (that sounds wicked).

And I think if I remove a couple of quarter straights I can fit a passing lane all the way along the back straight, running outside the LC at the end of the main straight and jumping back into the downhill esses before the LC into the squeeze hairpin.

I should point out that I am running in a counter-clockwise direction (yes, powerbase needs to be rotated), the DTMs on the pit straight are pointing in the direction of travel.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I really like the curve sensor .... The gives me ideas

I would like to add scenery to my track one day ...

I was thinking about how difficult it is to get a picture of the whole circuit so I just added the picture from Tracker2000 design proggie to my web page on it ... Maybes as well as Photos we we should add a Slotman or Tracker2000 picture ???

·
Registered
420 Posts
Absolutely.Never tire of looking at pictures of circuits and cars.
Some of us need the inspiration.And I like to dream that one day,when the kids start moving out................
Still thats a very long way off.
Cheers.

·
Registered
420 Posts
If only it was just 10yrs for me zipp.
Trying for number 5 now,so thats gotta be 20+ for me.
I'm not moaning though,I know what comes first.
Not only that,but if we have another boy thats 2 chances of scalextric sets at chrimbo.

Sorry to go off topic.

Yes track plan please.

Is that back on topic?

Cheers.

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
Off topic - I've got two daughters, who will hopefully be living with us for at least the next 15years. So do what I did, evict the wife's car from the garage and build your track there! (Actually I begged, but you know what I mean!)

On topic - I'll back the call for a track plan and more photos, please.

cheers,

Rob

·
Kev
2,723 Posts
I make no apologies for dragging this up,

Ok Drummer, enough is enough. I feel i have waited long enough.

I did ask kindly over a year ago

I wanna see a track plan please, (i know you have the software)
and i ain't the only one waiting.

How has your track evolved over the last year and a half?
Do you still have scenery?
What's the average lane length?
Fastest Lap time, and with what car?
Lets see some fresh pix please, and loads of em

in your own time, mate.

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Wow I only know this track as a 2 to 3 laner, so these pics must be old. Very nice track to race on with the LC's in all the right places.
Yes we need an update Dave.
Cheers
Rick

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
These not necessarily the greatest quality, was testing new phone.
For the record it runs anti-clockwise. Lap counting currently half way down the back straight just before the XLC.

Lap times, Hmmm, if you can catch Challenger's 4.8's you doing bloody well.
Good lap is 4.9 -> 5.2, Average around 5.5, non magnet a second slower.

Lap record - I remember a 3.9 something (Fly Lola B98) but this may have been prior to last layout changes.
Certainly remember duking it out with the guys recently for some 4.1s , 2s and 3s.

and some slightly more detailed areas pre-copper tape.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.