SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ParrotGod
11,980 Posts
Man, did you build that? Making a vac former is going to be a joke for you! ;-)
Which electronic components did you use? Maybe Tamar will need one so that he stop melting painted bodies before race events :D

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Nice build! And well insulated dryer.

If I can give my two cents on bulding a dry booth.
I use this one I have purchase in Japan:

It's from Mr Hobby. It use a thermal pad that is in the bottom of the booth. No fan, just the heat goes up.
I'm not sure the power, but it's not much. When outisde temperature is 20˚C, inside it ritch 40°C.
It's the best purchase I made for painting.

If I had to build one, I'll use the same technic, using similar heat pad like this one from Thermo Tech:

Amazon link

12V, 15W, give 35˚C on the touch.

I think it's enough, eventually you have a 25W from an unknown brand (need to check if 25W it's too much or no), 16 Euros only:

Amazon link

With this technic, no need temperature control and fan...and it's safe. Just need an on/off switch and eventually a timer.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts

It's from Mr Hobby. It use a thermal pad that is in the bottom of the booth. No fan, just the heat goes up.
I'm not sure the power, but it's not much. When outisde temperature is 20˚C, inside it ritch 40°C.

If I had to build one, I'll use the same technic, using similar heat pad like this one from Thermo Tech:

Amazon link

I think it's enough, eventually you have a 25W from an unknown brand, 16 Euros only:

Amazon link

With this technic, no need temperature control and fan...and it's safe. Just need an on/off switch and eventually a timer.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Hi @MALAFAMA

Just thinking about the booth design:

The problem here is that the opening is on the top. So, to place the model freshly painted, there is an high chance you will touch the body when placing it.
I think it's not practical.
I would turn the booth 90 degrees to have the opening on the front.

How it works for you?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi @MALAFAMA

Just thinking about the booth design:

The problem here is that the opening is on the top. So, to place the model freshly painted, there is an high chance you will touch the body when placing it.
I think it's not practical.
I would turn the booth 90 degrees to have the opening on the front.

How it works for you?
It can also stand up so that the opening is in front. I have not had any problem in the horizontal position (in the photo it seems that there is less space than there really is), also in the highest part you can put small pieces...

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man, did you build that? Making a vac former is going to be a joke for you! ;-)
Which electronic components did you use? Maybe Tamar will need one so that he stop melting painted bodies before race events :D
If I built it, anyone can build it hahahaha.

As for the electronic components, I used:

• 1 heater 12v 150w
  • 1 12v thermostat
  • 1 power supply of 12v 33A and 400W
  • I made the grids and ventilation with a power supply from a pc.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Amazon link

I think it's enough, eventually you have a 25W from an unknown brand (need to check if 25W it's too much or no), 16 Euros only:

Amazon link

Nice design and build.

I've ended up with a two in one as I bought a food dehydrator to dry out my 3D printer filaments and found by chance that it also made a good paint curer as well with temperature and time controls.
Perhaps a fusion could be made between the ovens and add the pyrolysis function : )

1 - 16 of 16 Posts