SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've looked through the site and cant find an answer to this one so I'm after some help!

My mate has a DS200 connected to a Win 95 PC running Pc Lap counter. All appears well until he tries to sync the two together at which point the computer opens Com1 port and awaits, presumably, a signal from the DS200. He's pressed the 'start' button the 200 which should sync it but the indicator on PCLC remains amber instead of going green.

It seems to me that the DS isnt sending a signal to the laptop but I'm no expert on computer type stuff.

Is PCLC a reliable system, I have a PC running Win7 and am considering purchasing PCLC but so far I'm more than a little wary of it!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kev

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (-Sy- @ 29 Jan 2012, 16:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Have you checked the computer serial port is configured to match the DS200?

How does he do that -Sy-?

I know that the lap counter software says that its opened Com Port 1 and that the serial number of the DS 200 is displayed so I thought (maybe wrongly) that there was information flow from the DS to the PC.
Thanks for any advice.

·
Simon Platten
1,060 Posts
Somewhere there should be an option to setup the serial port in pc lap counter. I've never used pc lap counter so I can't help you find it. As far as the ds200 goes, there are dip switches that you select the port settings without you need to refer to the manual for the settings.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Kevster:

Run a car or put your hand through the DS200 light bridge. PCLC needs a "trigger" from the DS200 system before it "knows" that the DS200 is hooked up.

·
Registered
377 Posts
any more info?is it working? what was the problem?
I had a printer cable that was duff once.
have you configured the software to the hardware.
I have used pc lapcounter lots of times and it is a great product.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts