SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one got a circuit diagram for a DS 200 pro ,I have a problem with mine It will not show the last three lap times any more or remember any settings ,this is not the first time I have come across the problem ,I am on my third unit ,Sean at Pendle has replaced it with out problem every time but I want to get to the bottom of the problem and not keep asking for a replacement,aparently no other customer has had the same problem which leads me to think that the problem may be related to the temperature of my garden shed which houses my track.
Sean supplied me with the email address of the manufactures who have yet havnt bothered to reply to my enquirys.
So come on guys any one got some info to share

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all I've been getting is either a frozen display giving the same lap time or 2 dashes when i try to get the last three fastest lap times the race timer works and gives correct times during the race

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
How odd. The frequency of breakdown suggests something is playing up at your end. Garden sheds can get awful temperature ranges that will not suit delicate electronics through time. If its moist in there (which it's bound to be) then you are asking for hassle. Can't you keep it indoors when it's not being used? Are you using the right power input unit (UK distributors recommend standard Scalex transformer).

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There apears to be no battery back up in these units john that was the first thing I thought of ,I think the memory must be stored in an erom thats why I really need a diagram ,these old eyes are a bit to knackered these days to start tracing tracks on circuit boards ,

I have checked the transformer Jim and voltage seems ok it all seems to point to a temperature related thing affecting the memory,but I will try replacing the transformer in case it isnt kicking enough amps out to power it correctly.
Cheers guys keep the ideas coming and we'll get this thing sorted

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
This is all very interesting. I've had a DS system for a couple of years now, but being an absolute electronic moron, never managed to programme it properly. The instructions aren't exactly crystal clear....
But none of my friends seem to have had much success setting it up for me either, and I begin to wonder if it isn't the unit that's faulty rather than my brain.
Bit too late to send it back to the manufacturer I suppose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.