SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've got loads of old PC's laying around and want to find the cheapest easiest way to build a PC connected lap counter. Does anybody know if I can connect a DS Light bridge directly to a PC by rewiring the DIN plug to parallel or com port?

Thanks..

·
Simon Platten
1,060 Posts
The DS kit interfaces to the PC via an RS232 serial port, if you want to talk to one via a PC then you will need a driver or an application that understands the protocol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I was hoping it was possible to directly connect the sensor to a PC parallel port. The DS-045 interface box is a bit more than I had budgeted for.

Is there anywhere in the UK sells sensor or dead-strip for direct connection to PC connection?

·
Simon Platten
1,060 Posts
Your best bet is to make one yourselve, I have a link on my system at home, which I will forward when I get home. It shows how you can make a track interface that plugs directly into the parallel port. Should cost around 10-15 GBP to make, then you need to find the right software to run it.

The only problem with this is that you are then at the mercy of the PC to not miss the signals...if its running Windows then you might find that your better off using something like the DS kit and just reading the results on the serial port.

SRS will allow you to plug the DS kit straight into a PC's serial port (9 pin) female din then read the data from that...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts