SlotForum banner

DTM - October 2007

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Ghost 
#1 ·
Restart at GRK! Almost the first real race at the new wooden track.

On the agenda for the evening was DTM. Previously we have only driven Carrera DTM's but this time Erik was persistent and wanted to try SCX. So there were six Carreras and one SCX.

The new wooden track called Red Pine III is really smooth. A really fun and challenging track that should suit the soft and very pleasant Carreras perfectly.

First there were qualifications. It was obvious that TG was the man to beat! 0.3 s faster than the second placed Borgis. Bert showed that he is one the right track and will be hard to beat soon.

Qualification results:

The second column is the fastest lap time in yellow lane.

Start grid after qualification.

Results in the different heats.

TG proved to be almost unbeatable during the evening. Won all the races but one! Well done! ( If I may say so myself?)

Lasse drove steady, safe and fast. Giving him a shared second place. I'm not saying that he doesn't drive fast, but one of the reasons for his good result is that he didn't run of the track when others did.
Bert won his first heat at GRK! Congratulations! As stated above, he will be dangerous in the near future.

Erik used the wrong controller in the first heat. That's at least a good excuse!?
Then he was more consistent in his driving. And the SCX was very close to comparable to the Carreras.
Borgis wasn't really friends with the track and the car. And the same can be said for Lars and Johan. Johan borrowing a car from Erik. But I'm sure that they will come back in good form. They are normally very quick around the track.

Result for the evening. Total points, qualification points, heat points and name.

Here is a link to a little movie from the evening.
DTM - Oct07 movie

This giving us the status in the GRK Series for the winter season of 2007/2008.

At least I had a fun evening! But I am a bit biased!

See you on Sunday for a whole day of endurance racing in the Sport class.

/TG

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.