SlotForum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on this car for a couple of weeks, and I am close to completing it. It started off as a Scalextric MINI supercharged model with the hood scoop, and rear spoiler. I added the ground effects from anSCX Audi TT, lots of super glue, JB Weld epoxy, and Tamiya Body Putty, it has finally taken shape.

·
David J
3,182 Posts
Looks great from what I can see, can we see it from other angles please?
Any ideas for colour/livery?

·
Registered
79 Posts
It's the standard chassis, altered somewhat, but basically standard. SCC (Slot Car Corner) rear bushings, Slot It. wood guide, axles, orange end bell motor, CB Designs 5 spoke anodized wheels, and B-Nova guide adapter. I'll get some more pics up later.

Not sure of what color to paint it. Been leaning toward Testor's Electric Pink lacquer, or Tamiya Mica Blue. Livery will be a fantasy, as I don't think these cars really exist, or do they?

Here's the pics.

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Footscoot.. The Mini "DTM" looks excellent, great job....

The Mica blue paint colour sounds good, not to sure about the pink...

Personally, if it was my conversion, I think I would go for an orange or yellow colour, "Nice and bright". Possibly with some areas in "Black". ?.

Anyway whatever colour you decide on, it should look very unusual and different..

Have fun..

All the best.. Martin.

·
Horlicks Hero
1,940 Posts
QUOTE (FootScoot @ 15 Jul 2012, 15:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Livery will be a fantasy, as I don't think these cars really exist, or do they?

This is about the closest equivalent I could think of off the top of my head... http://www.supercars.net/cars/1993.html

Let's see if the image link works... (I doubt it will.)

It's powered by an inline six out of an M3. A very cool piece of kit, and not a million miles from what you've created.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's cool looking MINI. It would be relatively easy to recreate it in 1/32. Some nice rear flares, and some smaller front ones, some lowering of the body, a cool side exhaust, and a nice paint job. Very neat.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
your mini is way to cool! i really love the neatness of your conversion, shows a good craftsman at work. i,m following the thread with interest. john

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finished the paint Monday, and decaled it tonight. Should be ready for some pics tomorrow. I think it came out well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts