Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you oil the rear armature bushing in Mega G and similar chassis? The crown gear is sooooo close to the frame I am using a straight pin to apply oil. But I do not get the visual satisfaction of seeing if I got enough down there. The motor winding side has even less clearence to work with. I would like to avoid moving or removing the crown coz that can open a whole new can of worms trying to get it back to where it was from the factory. How are you guys doing it.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I don't have a Mega G but from the look of it , it is a similar problem to Ninco angle winders where the red axle stop sits right up against the bushing.

This is Mega G

I made a small hole in the plastic right at the joint, down to the axle ( heated pin with lighter). But if you can jam a pin into the gap and dribble the oil down the pin, you should be able to see the oil disappear. A little goes a long way.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
i,m not sure whether your talking about motor or axle bearings. i use a hypodermic needle and syringe, filled with a low viscosity synthetic motor oil to oil the axle bearings and wipe off the excess with tissue. but dont overoil the motor bearings, justs a smidge will do it. its just as good to put some oil on a needle, wait till the excess has driped off then wipe the needle on the bearing shaft and hold it vertically till the oil wicks in to the bearing. you dont want to get any oil on the com, the otherside of the motor is not as critical as the com side. john

·
Rich Dumas
3,530 Posts
The pinion end of the armature shaft is the place that is more difficult to get at, the commutator is at the opposite end. Very often the armature is not shimmed properly so that it has some fore and aft play. In many cases if you remove the rear axle assembly you will be able to push the armature towards the back of the car far enough to be able to see what you are doing when you oil the rear motor bearing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts