SlotForum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
10,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Beware, there are some rev G chips with 8 digit stock codes, I just got two with exactly the same 8 digit number as my Rev H.
wacko.png
wacko.png
wacko.png

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
No worries mate .......... under the "distance selling" rules, you can return anything you buy via "mail order" ie, bought unseen, within 14-days with just a few minor exceptions. These are usually ephemeral things like software or intimate clothing .......
wacko.png

I asked one of my suppliers for the new chips which they said they had ....... they didn't, so they went back.

·
Administrator
10,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The company I dealt with is going to list them separately - they came in from China as a mixed batch
wacko.png

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Smells like a price hike coming on and just in time for Christmas too .........................:lmfao:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Im planning on adding some more lights to a few of my cars using some 3mm LEDs with the resistors preinstalled.

Would i still need to add the switching diodes to the front and rear circuits if im wiring them up to these new Chips.?

Thanks Simon

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Beware, there are some rev G chips with 8 digit stock codes, I just got two with exactly the same 8 digit number as my Rev H.
wacko.png
wacko.png
wacko.png
So does anyone know what the stock codes (or for that matter the C series numbers) mean? From what I can see there is no "order" to the C numbers and now the stock codes are a mystery as well. It would be informative to know how to "read" them for some info as to production dates or order codes. Any ideas?

Cheers!

smile.png

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ok I'm stumped.

As far as i can tell the rear lights should dip when the throttle is pulled and when its not then the lights shine brighter which simulates breaks.

I've done this mod following all the instructions only difference is ive used 3mm LEDs with the resistors preinstalled instead of the light boards.

Now my confusion.

My Headlights dip when i accelerate and get brighter when i stop and the rear lights stay the same no matter what.
Even when i touch the break button nothing.

I know could just swap the cables round but ive been over it and still can't understand what I've done wrong.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
It sounds like you have it wired wrong. Maybe, just maybe you connected it wrong?

Here is a picture when GregK was testing the first C8515 REV H chip.

Make sure your connections are the same a the picture for the lights

[attachment=150655:C8515 REV H.jpg

Enjoy,

Shad

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
😀 yep really clear, you have front and rear lights swapped
if pressing the trigger makes the headlights dim then you have dynamic braking on. turn that off and then the brake button will make the lights bright
swap the wires from front to rear and your brake lights will be perfect

·
Administrator
10,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
All images are now back. Happy lighting!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts