SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With much help, frequent encouragement,
a light cudgelling and some occasional flagellation by Swiss Wonder Boy,
a beginners guide to posting pictures in our forum is now showing under the classy blue
SlotForum Resources Button on our tastefully revamped

SF Home Page.

Those who simply cannot wait, may leap straight in by clicking

Dummies Guide to Picture Posting

Most of you will know this subject inside out, but for those have always found it puzzling or are just curious, we hope you find it helpful. We aim to produce some more basic guides in future and welcome all suggestions
(as long as they are physiologically feasible!)

·
Kev
2,723 Posts
Hey Tropi,

This is a fantastic and well used article.

As it is aimed at dummys (like myself), it may be advantageous to update it a little, with some fresh links and newer screenshots?
ie. http://photo.starblvd.net/ is a pretty poor site, compared to the heaps of others available now.
Since the server upgrade, the screenshots of SF are outdated too. now we have that lovely landscape icon.

It is over 3 years old now, and is still serving it's purpose well. I just thought it may be helpful, to freshen it up a bit

Just a thought.

·
Rich Dumas
3,539 Posts
The link that I had to my pictures on StarPhoto is now dead. The site was running very slowly a couple of years ago, so I switched to Photobucket.

In order to post pictures on this BB they must already be available on the Internet someplace and you just link to them. You first must set up an account with a photo sharing site. You must pick one that lets you use them as a proxy server. I use Photobucket http://photobucket.com. First upload the pictures to Photobucket, once you have done that look under the picture at the box labeled "Img" which contains the ezCode that you use to link the picture to this board. Just left click on the text in the box to highlight it and hit Ctrl and C at the same time to copy it to the clipboard. Press Ctrl and V to paste the URL into your message. Photobucket is free, but you have to pay if you want more space or to post videos.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Agreed on Photo Bucket having gone to the dogs (deteriorated badly, for non-idiomatic English speakers!)

So, yes, I've been thinking for some time that an update to the Photo Hosting section would be welcomed.
So, thanks for the gentle boot in the butt and I will try to stir my idle self into gear!

Using Slot Forum Plus and its Picture Galleries is highly recommended.

But, I'm delighted to see that the general principles are still proving useful to people.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts