SlotForum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm to old to worry about being embarrassed by asking what maybe a stupid question! So here goes, this one is directed at Andy, Rich and Ricko. I have downloaded the latest rev of SSDC with Lap Tower support and cannot get it to display anything except the initial version number, 6.5. What do I have to set in SSDC? I did find the Lap Tower comm box under the Options Other tab, but when I select a comm port it resets to none. What do I set this to? Do I need to use the red ended RichG USB cable? If so which port do I plug it into and where do I put the other end (no smart comments please). Which cable goes into which socket in the splitter? Please treat me as an idiot and explain it in terms of one syllable or less that even I can understand. In short, I need a dummies guide to connecting a RichG Lap Tower to an APB.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I thought the latest release of SSDC was 5.4.2 including the RighG tower upgrade (link). Am I missing something here?

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Use a PB-Pro cable from your USB port on the PC to connect to the PROG port on the 3way splitter. Use the long cale tha came with the display to connect from the back oif the splitter to the RichG display. Plug in your 5V wall wart. Select tools/options/others and then click on the lap tower pull down tab to select the USB port for the cable you fitted.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Mr. Flippant for your help. Thank you Riko for your explanation and I must admit it is easy once you know how. The Lap Display and the PC are talking to each other nicely now!

Richard

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
It obviously helps to speak American as the applied perspergacity reduced the original 5 lines to a mere half of one line ....... that's an amazing 90% reduction in verbiage and torte .....
brilliant!

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
You've noticed as well ....... doubly amazing and yet in a strange way ......... brilliant

1 - 8 of 8 Posts