SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all, long time no see.

It looks like I will soon have to raise a large-ish amount of cash which will probably mean I'll be forced to sell the remains of my slot car collection.

It's not a huge collection, just over 100 cars now. Some are rare, some modified. Obviously this will include my Super GT / JGTC collection, 70 cars including 30+ reliveries. Some scenic stuff too, and a pile of Sport track.

Sorry this is all a bit vague for now. I'll post full details when I know for sure what's happening, this post is mainly just a heads-up for those of you who know my stuff and may be interested. Feel free to drop me a PM if there's a particular car you're interested in.

Cheers,
Rob

·
1 hp Trabant is not my real car
770 Posts

Rob, this is awful.
Whatever the circumstances that bring you to this, I wish you well.
And that you don't have to leave the hobby & community entirely.
Sincerely,
Tom.

·
Administrator
10,131 Posts
Another mod bites the dust? Only seems like yesterday that Tropi disappeared...

We will miss you Taxi, you are part of the forum whether you visit or not. The forum is made up of the legacy you are leaving behind with all your help and support to the members. Those posts will remain as long as the forum does so you will never truly "leave".

·
Registered
318 Posts
This is really sad news.

A few years back, I stumbled upon the Slotcarman site and it was here that I first discovered routed tracks and what was possible with scenery. The Forester's Dream track was my inspiration to pursue my (thus far unrealised) ambition to make my own routed track.

I remember e-mailing you via the site for advice, and your response was really helpful. You also advised me to join Slot Forum!

I hope one day you're able to return to the hobby.

Regards
Steve

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
QUOTE (RikoRocket @ 16 May 2011, 16:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The forum is made up of the legacy you are leaving behind with all your help and support to the members. Those posts will remain as long as the forum does so you will never truly "leave".

I totally agree with Riko...
When I first started looking around the forum several years back, there were a number of member names that kept popping up all over the place... Taxi, Doug, Zipp, Astro, Tropi, Swissracer, Jmswms, Bleep, etc etc. You and the other guys are the ones that sucked me into the hobby big time with your inspiring threads, detailed descriptions and inspiring photography in the Members Track section (6 entries?!!!), the detailed new car reviews, along with all of the other useful posts across the forum.

Rob, I don't know you, I don't think we've met or communicated one to one, but my love of this hobby owes you an awful lot. Thanks for giving me the chance to say thanks, and I hope that whatever the reason for leaving, good things eventually come out of it.
Cheers,
Richard

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Hi Rob. Like many others on the forum you helped me a lot when i contacted you. I sincerely hope that if you do fully leave this wonderful hobby you will be back soon. Take care mate. All the best. Mike (Presto Park)

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Rob,

The hobby will be worse off without you, thank you so much for all the help you have offered me over the years with my reliveries, yours are amongst the best I've seen on here.

I hope things work out for you.

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for the kind words, it's very much appreciated. It seems strange to say it, but I'd almost forgotten what a great bunch of people make up this forum. It's been a difficult year so far but you guys have really given me a boost, thank you.

I think I've replied to all PM's, if I've missed anyone please nag me

cheers,

Rob

·
Registered
551 Posts
Sorry to hear of this Rob, I too found your track build threads to be inspirational and led me to build my own routed tracks (I'm on number 3 now!). Plus your website has given me many helpful car set up tips and reviews.

I hope you get to come back to the hobby at some time in the not too distant future.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Oh dear! It's always good to see new people join in the Welcome and Introductions section but incredibly sad to see someone leave. I sincerely hope that this only means you are selling your stuff and not actually leaving as many of us have surmised. Membership of the forum costs nothing after all.

·
Premium Member
4,791 Posts
Rotten news, Rob. You're a big part of this little community and will be missed.

Having dropped out of the game twice under similar circumstances I know it's a shocker, but once you're out the other side I'm sure that there will be a big old 'welcome back' awaiting whenever you're ready for it.

Until then we'll all have to scrabble around in the dark over which GTs are any good!

Best of British to you, and see you in better days.

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Rob

Sorry to hear this!! You were a good Batracer buddy and great on the forum - hope it sorts out for the best. I know it is not easy to let go of a collection......

·
Digital &quot;Tea Boy&quot;
777 Posts
Wow!
Didn't see that one coming. Didn't PM you or get to know you Rob, but was a big fan of your work....good luck with your endeavours...please don't disappear completely.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Rob,

So sorry to hear this. You've always been a great influence on this forum.

I hope you'll be back at some point!

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just want to say a big "thank you" to everyone for your kindness and support, both in this thread and via PM. It means a lot.

cheers,
Rob

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Sorry to hear this news, Rob.
I am sure that others will agree that we really appreciate your work on the list of members tracks which you have maintained.
Will you continue to be involved on this forum or will someone else take over your support role?

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts