SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have taken the plunge from HO to 1/32. I have a Scaley LeMans set on the way, along with a bunch of extra track. I am going to setup my layout on a 9x5 (feet, metric system > United States) table. I plan on adding a 4x8 piece of Gatorfoam to create an upside-down L. My Scalextric set comes with the MG Lola cars, which I understand are pretty fast out of the box. I am an adult, but I'm sure my cars will sustain some incidental damage.
Can you guys suggest a few cars that hold up well under racing conditions? Because I live in an area with zero 1/32 scale support, I have to mail order 100% of my stuff. ie I can't just hop in my real car, and pick up needed parts or new cars.
Thanking you in advance. My wife thinks I'm nuts.

·
Premium Member
5,186 Posts
I would say get some GB-Track Chevrons and Porsche 917PA. They are cheap and about the most rugged things out there, and once you fix their basic and simple problems (mostly replacing the front axle by a piece of 3/32" brass tubing) they will cream your Lola-MG right to shame.
We have some 5-year old post-rugrats here who are playing crash-me 265 times a day and the cars are still fine.
Regards,

Dok Pea

·
Dave Kennedy
541 Posts
I agree Chevron's are tough little suckers. I have one and have run it quite hard with no problems.

Also Carrera cars (while are not the best runners mechanically) are made of quite thick plastic and can take a beating.

DK

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Not my cup of tea... but the most durable cars I know are Scalextric Nascar's.
Durable cars wich I like much more are the the fly classics, like Porsche 917, like Ferrari 512, like Lola T70... and they have also very nice driving qualities! And they look very good... man I love those little suckers!

Cheers

Gunther

·
Gary Skipp
6,506 Posts
Muffin Man gets a hole in one.

The scalex TT and Boxster are great performers out of the box, no detail to break, strong, fast, and the clincher, ONLY £15!

Try and say no to that!

·
Registered
911 Posts
wingmirrors and spoilers look nice, but break real easy. my 5 current cars (3xDTM and 2xPorsche GT1) al hav these breakable bits, so i wud also like advice on this. i do like the look of the tt and boxter too.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
hi
i would also recomend the boxters and tt's my boxter has been fired into a brick wall pretty much flat out (not intentional) and it still goeas just as well as it had before

·
Registered
22 Posts
My four year old loves the rally cars and they have held up very well to the abuse.

Also I am very happy to have found another forum to discuss slot cars.

Tdaddy

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just use the Car's (DTM's) that came with my SCX starter track. They are damaged but they drive and the kid's (doghters of 3 and 6) don't mind the damage.

Only one problem if we race and I deslot or crash with one of my care they DON'T STOP ....

ps about the Wife thing my also things i'm loosing it

take care

Koen

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all of the suggestions. The set arrived today, but came with the "wrong" cars. Instead of the Lola MG's it came with a pair of Porsche 911 GT3's. Not a bad thing, but I didn't even know the set was available this way. Strange...

·
Registered
186 Posts
QUOTE (SolarSRT4 @ 5 Jan 2005, 15:28)Thanks for all of the suggestions. The set arrived today, but came with the "wrong" cars. Instead of the Lola MG's it came with a pair of Porsche 911 GT3's. Not a bad thing, but I didn't even know the set was available this way. Strange...
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

interesting...

did it include the RMS track piece and software?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rich- No, it came with the exact same pieces as the "other" set. The cars themselves are the #77 Paragon car and the #3 Teng Tools car. If it helps, the part number on the box is C1108T. Further, the set was ordered through Amazon dot com, ($200 gift certificate) and was sourced from a second vendor "Speed Gear." Maybe it's something new.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts