SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
The cars should continue under driver control like 1:1.
Ill ask Dave if he has time to tweak it.

Rick

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
In Expert Race Setup, I have the "False Start Throttle Tolerance" set to 30, so thought it would be safe from trigger anomalies. I did check the data output from a couple of controllers, and they sent nothing when at rest.

However, it did tell me something: with the default S0 throttle curve, moving the trigger at all caused it to jump to 31, and I was unable to hold any value between it and 0. Since that's 1 over my threshold, that seems like a clue. My custom throttle curves start at 0 (instead of 12), and I can get many values between 0-30 with them. So I'm suspecting the S0 curve may be the culprit.

As soon as the weather gets a little closer to normal (we're almost 25 degrees below average this month), I will be able to heat the slot room again and test.
Just some background information......Scorpius car decoders output continuosly. If you have Car Data program you can test it. When car is stationary it puts out full telemetry100 updates a second, including stating its throttle value, 0. You can even save it to a file and analyse anytime.

Rick

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Ryk you will need to stop the program asap after the bug appears then send Dave the logs with an explanation of the problem.

Rick

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Hi Ryk,
Thanks for the teport. New changes often bring bugs. The best action is to let Dave know directly, he is the go to. And unless he knows he cant fix it. What you were using is basically a beta release.

Rick

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Car Data, one of my favourite programs.😊

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
It requires a firmware update for car chip Dave reckons. Its on the list.

Rick

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
I got Dynamic Throttles working this weekend thank you for all your help Ryk!

My dongles are from different batches also so I didn't need to run that dual dongle program, I didn't have the car ID setup correctly for DT. I did notice that the dongles became ALOT more sensitive to their position relative to the track. I have always had my dongle near/above the PC on the side edge without any car cutoffs, but I had to position them over the track (I know this is standard just nvr did it) to get the car to go around the track.
Its not dongle or hardware related.

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Ryk you have new firmware to test regarding adding PIN to car telemetry.
Simulations can now advance.
Dave has been notified also.

Rick

Reactions: ryk4racing
1 - 9 of 9 Posts