SlotForum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After using the tamiya speed checker for a few years, I did find out that the difference between 26.0 km per hour and 26.9 km per hour is very large. Namely 3 meters per second faster ... and this every round. My name is not Max Verstappen, to be able to beat faster cars, so I went looking for a Speed checker that is accurate after the decimal point.
I've scoured the internet..either they don't make them anymore, or they are very expensive...300/400 dollars/euro.
After 2 months of development, the first prototype is ready.. now testing and tuning and ready for sale( Also for digital Oxigen

Greg Gaub
Great looking piece of kit, Henri!

Might I suggest that the LCD and LED displays are set at an angle to make it easier to read on a bench? If that's possible for production, that would be great. Even just 10 or 15 degrees tilted can make a big difference in the ability to clearly read the display without having to stand up or crane one's head.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great looking piece of kit, Henri!

Might I suggest that the LCD and LED displays are set at an angle to make it easier to read on a bench? If that's possible for production, that would be great. Even just 10 or 15 degrees tilted can make a big difference in the ability to clearly read the display without having to stand up or crane one's head.
thanx for your reaction,and the tip, I'll think about it.

i am not a fusion hero...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi,

Looks interesting. A couple questions: big enough for both 1/32 and 1/24? Maximum car length? Do you have a price range yet? And where are you shipping from?

Thanks,
Don
Thanks , Don,
to be honest I'm not a 1/24 racer...but I have four 1/24 scale cars, measuring 19 cm length and 8.2 cm wide wheelbase. the rollers are now 9 cm wide, but there is still room to be wider, but I assume that 1/24 cars will not be much bigger.
The price will be around 125 euro. Shipping from Holland ( Netherlands). plus shipping cost

Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Administrator
Hi Henri,

Just checked a big American stocker, and it's not quite 22 cm long, with a 12 cm wheelbase, and about 8 cm wide, so even the slightly wider later cars should fit on 9 cm - 10 cm might be safer, but not sure if any of the modern racers with wider cars will be using something like this.

Let us know when it's available.
Don

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Henri,

Just checked a big American stocker, and it's not quite 22 cm long, with a 12 cm wheelbase, and about 8 cm wide, so even the slightly wider later cars should fit on 9 cm - 10 cm might be safer, but not sure if any of the modern racers with wider cars will be using something like this.

Let us know when it's available.
Don
thanx for your info,
I'm going to a 1/24 club owner next week, will have a look, but I have the cars they race there too...but you better know for sure

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
update : the Test in the finale stage....
the only thing that still stands in our way is the lockdown in the Netherlands, shops are closed, clubs are closed so material is difficult to come by and there are no clubs to test right now. However, ordering is already possible

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.