Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
This will serve as the thread for the final round of the EAHORC 2010/11 National HO championship. A race report will appear here as well as links to Photos and result sheets, for now the thread will serve as an advert for the race.

When: June 19th 10:00am start, doors open 9:00am
Where: Worthing HO racing, Heene Community Centre, Heene Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 4PL

Directions

I believe Tony S is of a mind to come, if there is a SCHORC 'bus' to be organised, but he can speak to that himself.

I also believe Marc and Andy W were talking of running car pools, but let's see what the date does to things first.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Should be there. It's only a few days after the missus's birthday but I'll try and get her shed faced the night before so she'll just want to stay in and then I'll be free to race! Especially as it is my home round!

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Shed faced, that is a new one on me

Needless to say, live and learn, the clash with fathers day won't happen again. Of course HO is very much a lads-n-dads kind of thing but I am unsure that SWMBO sees it the same way!

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Agreed, but some of the mums, gfs and whatnot may not agree. Lets see.

Entry list so far:

Woodcote
RobinRacer
Montoya1
redlineracer
Diesel
roll1later
MBR
fixit
cliveharland
stonemanPJ
trenchtownbilly
Gareth

Hannah Rose

marctownsend
Spiritlodger

AndySlots
cryer-evo
rossi25rc

Paul Whorton
Darren Morgan

Bolds are confirmed, italic likelies and the rest maybe

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mr Player - I assume you will provide a list of local attendees? Just make sure they know about the date clash.

Could you PM me the cost of the venue some time as well please.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE (montoya1 @ 20 May 2011, 16:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Shed faced, that is a new one on me

Family forum so needs must!

Put me in bold Deane. Nothing is going to stop me making my home round! I just might be wearing very dark sunglasses.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Jon,

I don't want to speak too much for others, but I am pretty sure there was talk of car-pooling for this one, so have a chat with Marc.

You and Ross are a great addition to the HO scene, and I think I speak for all when I say we hope you will come to lots of meetings.

Address is: Heene Community Centre
Heene Road*
Worthing, West Sussex,
BN11 4PL

(*carpark and entrance are on the corner of Winchester Road where it meets Heene Road)

The SatNav location is: N 50 48.745, W 0 23.070

or: 50.812391, -0.384513

Depending on what format your satnav needs.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
I think this one is worth everyone coming to just to see the amazing showdown is Nascar.

With dropped scores factored in David H and I have exactly the same number of points, so it is all about who comes out on top, they take the big one. If we both screw up under the pressure, Andy W could steal it as he has no points to drop. It is going to be intense. To make it more so, Gareth will be in the mix and Robin will probably poach an A final spot on his return. Either could affect the outcome of the season as a whole.

I am thrilled that an EAHORC championhip has evolved this way, but very nervous about falling short at the last hurdle. I have already decided that the Nascar finals will finish the day/season, just to ramp up the pressure on us. So if you are going to be on race control duties practice you gap-calling skills!

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Woodcote
RobinRacer
Montoya1
redlineracer
Diesel
roll1later
MBR
fixit
cliveharland
stonemanPJ
trenchtownbilly
Gareth
AndySlots
marctownsend

Hannah Rose

Spiritlodger
Dazmeister
mikefi

Paul Whorton

cryer-evo
rossi25rc

Darren Morgan

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
That Nascar championship has really shaped up for an awesome final round. I was toying with the idea of trying out Mod before making a decision on what to race next year but I think I will stay in Nascar to help keep things interesting.

I was very pleased with my LifeLike yesterday and some more dabbling with rear tyre heights should give me a car very similar to Dave's.

I really enjoyed the battle with you Deane during the heats. Me on blue lane, you on yellow, my car so slammed it was scraping down the main straight where you reeling me in before the twisty bits where I could pull away again. Awesome stuff!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Very exciting stuff in the Clubs Championship with leaders FLBT having their worst scoring round of the season yesterday.

Once they drop that score and WHO drop our poor showing from SCHORC in February, there is a 60 point gap which is going to be pretty insurmountable in one race meeting. SCHORC themselves will drop their HONK score.

Adjusted current scores:
1. FLBT = 579
2. WHO = 519
3. SCHORC = 488

So it is still very close between 2nd and 3rd with all to play for but to my mind it looks like FLBT have the club title sewn up.

Congratulations guys.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts