Mod412.12%
Pro-Mod618.18%
Nascar412.12%
LMP139.09%
Tyco or Mega in Open Wheel?
Tyco529.41%
Mega-G1270.59%
Neither00.00%
Will Andy Whorton still be leading the e-cup after the round?
Yes1376.47%
No423.53%
Will you be attending?
Yes17100.00%
No00.00%

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
This will serve as the thread for Round 4 of the EAHORC 2011/12 National HO championship. A race report will appear here as well as links to Photos and result sheets, for now the thread will serve as an advert for the race.

When: December 4th - 10:00am start, doors open 9:15am
Where: Mussel Bay Raceway HO, The Conservative Club, 11-12 London Rd (opposite Providence St)
King's Lynn, PE30 5PY

Check out eahorc.com for directions including coordinates for sat-navs.

Initial entry list, maybes in italics

Name - Club - Grade

Deane Walpole - LHORC - Prem
Andy Player - WHO - Prem
Robin Cornwall - WHO - Prem
Clive Harland - FLBT - Prem
Andy Whorton - FLBT - Prem
Marc Townsend - FLBT - Prem
Julian Allard - ECHO - Main
Roy Masters - SCHORC - Prem
John Chell - SCHORC - Main
Jim Kelly - NSR - PPG
John Parr - NSR - Main
Ken Mason - NSR - Main
Mike Dadson - WHO - Main
Sean Green - MBR HO - Main
Martin Hill - MBR HO - PPG
Dave Rouse - MBR HO - Main
Paul Homewood - SCHORC - Prem
David Hannington - HONK - Main
Craig Homewood - SCHORC - Prem

Please feel free to get those italics removed, add your intention to come, and comment on what cars and classes you hope to run.

Remember - free lunch!

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Where's the "it depends on the weather option" last year I saw -12 going through Thetford forest on the way to Kings Lynn.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Put me down for this Deane, probably doing Mod in the afternoon. Jimbo is on holiday at the moment but he did say that he would be up for this, and I would expect him to do Pro-Mod in the afternoon.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Thanks Lee.

Name - Club - Grade - PM class

Deane Walpole - LHORC - Prem - Pro
Andy Player - WHO - Prem - Pro
Clive Harland - FLBT - Prem - Pro
Andy Whorton - FLBT - Prem - LMP1
Marc Townsend - FLBT - Prem - Pro
Lee Taylor - SCHORC - Main - Mod
Jim Easton - SCHORC - Main - Pro
Jim Kelly - NSR - PPG - Nascar
John Parr - NSR - Main
Craig Homewood - SCHORC - Prem - Pro
Ken Mason - NSR - Main
Mike Dadson - WHO - Main
Paul Homewood - SCHORC - Prem - Mod
David Hannington - HONK - Main - Nascar
Martin Hill - MBR HO - PPG - Pro
Dave Rouse - MBR HO - Main - Mod

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Should be on for this one. I need to get as much racing in as possible between now and April I guess!!

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I'm a probably, I'll be using a Tyco in F1 and a Marchon Porsche 917 in Mod, and probably coming last in both, though I also have cars for all of the afternoon classes and could be tempted into any of them.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
It's in my diary...never raced HO so have no idea which class to attempt. I will have to be guided by you towards a class and a suitable car...

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looking forward to seeing you Ken, it makes sense for any NSR guys intending to attend their home round in January to come along to this as well.

When do next see Jim K, Ken? He might have advice/loaner cars etc. After all, he is a multiple HO champion - although he keeps it pretty quiet!

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Jim is an HO legend, in fact without him there would be no EAHORC, and probably no national HO racing. When I first grasped the nettle and started hosting HO races in my home town, Jim quickly grabbed the opportunity to be a 'player', before that he had been, like me, 'just' a racer. Like me he had a number of things he wanted HO to be about, feeling that those 'in charge' before us did not do enough with it. He was the first to really look at ways to improve the tech, to make it more appealing to 1/32nd people, and the first to hire big halls and build tracks to fill them. He gave of his time and used his own money.

He was also bloody quick, as you guys are now finding out to your cost, and won a number of championships that we thought would never be beaten (it wasn't until Martin Hill came along). He is still very high up in the stats, and when he races HO, such as the last national at NSR, he is still to be feared.

Needless to say I would really love it if he came to this race meet...

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Updated entry list:

Martin Hill - MBRHO - PPG
Matthew Hill - MBRHO - Main
Dave Rouse - MBR HO - Main
Paul Homewood - SCHORC - Prem
Craig Homewood - SCHORC - Prem
Lee Taylor - SCHORC - Main
Jim Easton - SCHORC - Main
Andy Player - WHO - Prem
Clive Harland - FLBT - Prem
Andy Whorton - FLBT - Prem
Marc Townsend - FLBT - Prem
David Hannington - HONK - Main
Deane Walpole - LHORC - Prem

Jim Kelly - NSR - PPG
John Parr - NSR - Main
Ken Mason - NSR - Main
Mike Dadson - WHO - Main

A pretty decent field already, considering it's usually a struggle. I am thrilled that Hill Jnr will be making his nationals debut!

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Reviewing my predictions from the last round:

Craig in Pro-Mod, Marc in Open Wheel, Andy W in Nascar (if LMP1 does not run) and Paul H in Mod.

That was not bad. I would of gone for Robin in Nascar had I known LMP1 was going to be so healthy, but then would of put AW down to win that instead and still be wrong.

Anyway for this round I will go for:

Gareth in LMP1 and Main Grade
Martin in Open Wheel and Pro-Mod
Al (if he comes) in Mod, Paul H if not
Dave H in Nascar

·
Registered
437 Posts
Just to confirm I will be there, gutted I had to miss the HONK round. Looking forward to it. Pro-mod in the pm for me!

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Thanks Jim, lets hope Al and Paul come along too, maybe some others from SCHORC (Lee is already signed up, and Team Homewood). Journey wise it is not too bad for you guys, although I appreciate you are all scattered around the Yelling area.

MBRHO is always the perfect way to end the year, If I know Martin he is already sweating the details on making sure the track is perfect too

·
Registered
730 Posts
I shall be there. Will decide on what make of open wheel to run after practice, hoping to run sausage chips and beans against Robin at lunchtime and Pro Mod in the afternoon

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Best guesses at classes:

Craig Homewood - Pro
Martin Hill - Pro
Jim Easton - Pro
Andy Player - Pro
Clive Harland - Pro
Marc Townsend - Pro
Deane Walpole - Pro

Dave Rouse - Mod
Paul Homewood - Mod
Lee Taylor - Mod
Julian Allard - Mod
Matthew Hill - Mod

Robin Cornwall - Nascar
David Hannington - Nascar
Paul Whorton - Nascar

Andy Whorton - LMP1/Nascar/Mod
Gareth Winslade - LMP1/Nascar/Mod

Roy Masters - Nascar
John Chell - Mod
Al Wood - Mod
Jim Kelly - Nascar/LMP1
Mike Dadson - LMP1
Rob Lees - LMP1

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I tested my LL-T with the Wizzard crown this evening....bizarrely in the A Final as I was in the gutter lane and didn't stand a chance of winning. It's pretty good actually! Much quicker in a straight line than it is normally but the solid body did make it stick a lot less than it usually does so that is a possibility for Mod still.

My MR-1 chassis was quite frankly pony. It was fairly quick on the straights but had no grip although thinking about it, that might have been with the LL-T rears and rubber tyres but I don't think it is a contender. Not after seeing John's car tonight.

This is the long way of me saying that I'll be racing LMP or Nascar depending on the layout.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts